Broken Spoke

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: CapoNord ETV1000: Broken Spoke
By Gpf on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 05:38 am:  View Gpf's Profile Search for other posts by Gpf Edit this post

Anybody else have a spoke break?

I "noticed" mine when I paddled the bike backwards into a parking space. The broken spoke jammed between the rear sprocket and chain and I ended up in a heap on the floor...

I still wasn't entirely sure what had happened, thinking that I'd slipped so, at the suggestion of one of the guys who'd picked the bike off me, I popped it on the centre stand and dropped it into gear to spin the back wheel. One hell of a bang as the spoke tried to derail the chain.

A quick call to both the dealer and Aprilia elicited the same response: do not ride the bike. So I've just got the RAC to drop the bike off at the dealer and me at home.

Graham 

By Guzzi on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 11:43 am:  View Guzzi's Profile Search for other posts by Guzzi Edit this post

Can't believe this, are you unlucky or what

Never heard it happen before. Maybe you can get some of those paint scratches repaired under warranty at the same time.

Let me know what they find, the only time I've broken a spoke in the past was driving off with a chain on

Dave 

By Gpf on Sunday, May 05, 2002 - 10:20 am:  View Gpf's Profile Search for other posts by Gpf Edit this post

No argument from Aprilia. Dealer has put the new spoke in and I picked the bike up yesterday. I can ride the bike until the new wheel arrives.  

By Guzzi on Sunday, May 05, 2002 - 11:08 am:  View Guzzi's Profile Search for other posts by Guzzi Edit this post

So was it a faulty wheel casting ?

Those LeoVince race cans are £400 pair. I've checked out prices in Germany and they are similar. Suspect all resellers will be the same. I'm trying to negotiate a price for 2 or 3 sets to try and get the price down.

To get an idea of the sound checkout http://www.leovince-america.com/slipons/sounds/sound1.wav

interested?

Dave

Are 

By Gpf on Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 12:51 pm:  View Gpf's Profile Search for other posts by Gpf Edit this post

Definitely interested. Put me down for a set.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation