Caponord rpm's

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: CapoNord ETV1000: Caponord rpm's
By Fer on Sunday, January 27, 2002 - 10:28 am:  View Fer's Profile Search for other posts by Fer Edit this post

hi someone could tell me how can i drop the idle speed on my caponord? it's about 1800 rpm's warm
thanks 

By Mental_Trev on Sunday, January 27, 2002 - 11:14 am:  View Mental_Trev's Profile Search for other posts by Mental_Trev Edit this post

Yikes, this is new territory!

Erm... well, given that it's essentially the same engine as is in the Falco and so on, don't you have an idle adjust screw? On a Falco it pokes out from under the fuel tank on the right hand side of the bike as you sit on it.

Failing that, how about reading the part on Ken's Site(admittedly, it's specific to Falcos but hopefully it'll help?!) about setting your idle mixture? 

By Fer on Sunday, January 27, 2002 - 01:18 pm:  View Fer's Profile Search for other posts by Fer Edit this post

thanks for the tip mental_trev
i just saw the ken's site and i think this bike is little diferent on the engine than the falco i didn't find any screw for adjust the idle speed and the plates on the throttle bodyes are completly close,it has too the air bleeds screws completly close.i think that the problem is an electric air valve(like iac,inlet air control),it has a T with two hoses conected below the throttle bodyes and let pass air to the cylinders,and maybe only with the aprilia computer you can set.the problem is that i live in mexico and here they don't have one yet  

By Gpf on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 09:21 am:  View Gpf's Profile Search for other posts by Gpf Edit this post

Just acquired one of these and put it through its first service. I took it back, complaining that the idle at 1500-1800rpm was way too high.

Was told by the mechanic that this was "to spec" and was set high because of stall problems. It has a tendency to stop dead if it stalls at low revs and is impossible to hold up. Hence the high tickover rate.

Regards
Graham  

By Guzzi on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 02:24 pm:  View Guzzi's Profile Search for other posts by Guzzi Edit this post

Thats rubbish, mine ticks over at 1200rpm (as per the handbook). Had the odd stall at low revs in the first 1500 miles, mostly when slipping the clutch at low revs. No problems since then.

Would advise getting them to check the tuning - will need the Aprilia box of tricks, can't be done by hand.

Note: At the 4k service they trapped my fuel pipe under the tank, caused fuel starvation and erratic tickover;(

Dave  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation