Installing Center Stand

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: CapoNord ETV1000: Installing Center Stand
By Silvercapo on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 12:10 pm:  View Silvercapo's Profile Search for other posts by Silvercapo Edit this post

I just picked up my center stand - on order since July 14. I would appreciate any tips to help in the installation. The instructions suggest loosening/removing the sidestand during the install. Since I would then have no way to keep the bike upright, this simple operation would then become a dealer task. Is there a workaround to this problem?

Thanks,

Jack
Silver Capo 02
Pensacola, FL  

By Pauloncapo on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 03:27 pm:  View Pauloncapo's Profile Search for other posts by Pauloncapo Edit this post

I recently installed a centre stand on my caponord and getting around this problem was solved by borrowing a paddock stand from a friend, most sportsbike owners will have one as mainstands are rare these days, the job took about 25 mins, and the sidestand is loosened to allow for one of the brackets to be fitted, the entire job was simple enough and well worth it.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation