Intake Restrictor on Caponord?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: CapoNord ETV1000: Intake Restrictor on Caponord?
By Silvercapo on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 11:03 am:  View Silvercapo's Profile Search for other posts by Silvercapo Edit this post

Is there an intake restrictor on the Caponord from the factory that can be removed for more performance? Aprilia USA say there is no such thing, but some owners swear differently. One, from South Africa, has posted Dyno charts to show the gain - about 9HP. I can not see how the engine breathes at all, as the intake to the air box is almost flush with the front frame. I have located a rubber baffle in that area, that appears to block an air path to the area just above the engine. Can anybody share knowledge on this subject?

Jack
Pensacola, FL  

By Gpf on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 11:03 am:  View Gpf's Profile Search for other posts by Gpf Edit this post

Any chance of your South African correspondent providing more details? I find the bike just a bit too bland in its standard setup.....

Graham  

By Silvercapo on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 12:05 pm:  View Silvercapo's Profile Search for other posts by Silvercapo Edit this post

Graham,

Aprilia South Africa has apparently developed their own mod to the stock cans, along with removing the 'restrictor' - net result is 9 HP gain, and some sound. You can go to Yahoo forums and join the Caponord forum http://groups.yahoo.com I think to get more info. His tech is on vacation for a few more days - I have asked him for some more detail on which part needs to be removed.

Jack 

By Gpf on Monday, August 26, 2002 - 09:58 am:  View Gpf's Profile Search for other posts by Gpf Edit this post

Thanks, Jack, will do.

Regards
Graham  

By Gpf on Monday, August 26, 2002 - 10:09 am:  View Gpf's Profile Search for other posts by Gpf Edit this post

Jack,

There doesn't seem to be a Caponord Forum on Yahoo - or at least the Seach Facility doesn't turn one up. None of the Aprilia groups specifically mention the Capo. Can you give me a full URL for it?

Regards
Graham  

By Silvercapo on Monday, August 26, 2002 - 03:23 pm:  View Silvercapo's Profile Search for other posts by Silvercapo Edit this post

My fourth attempt to post this..grrrr

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/caponordforum/join

You will have to join to post, no charge - much like here.

Jack 

By Gpf on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 09:41 am:  View Gpf's Profile Search for other posts by Gpf Edit this post

Thanks Jack,

Just signed up. Can't understand why the Yahoo search didn't work properly. Maybe it didn't like the capital letter in "Capo"....

Regards
Graham  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation