Headbanging!

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: CapoNord ETV1000: Headbanging!
By Gpf on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 09:43 am:  View Gpf's Profile Search for other posts by Gpf Edit this post

Anyone else do much two-up riding on their Capo?

I guess that it is down to the more upright riding style but I do seem to be clashing helmets with her ladyship an awful lot. We're due to do a fair long mileage soon and I'm thinking of lining the front of her helmet with sponge!

The other hassle is an annoying "head weave" at speeds over 80mph when two-up. My head gets banged from side to side by a Coreolis effect from the wind off the screen. I guess that I'll have to see if I can find a taller screen for use two-up but it is a pain given the lengthy ads on Aprilia's website about wind tunnel testing..

Graham 

By Guzzi on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 02:26 pm:  View Guzzi's Profile Search for other posts by Guzzi Edit this post

Noticed that some Capo owners are fitting Givi screens, they are 4" higher and if your finding the wind off the screen is hitting you this may be the answer.

check out http://www.apriliaforum.com/ for more details

Went to London 2 up - first time I've risked having the misses on board for any length of journey. I had no problems with head weave (at speeds up to the ton). With the height of the rear seat the wife complained at being hit by the wind though.

Dave 

By Gpf on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 12:18 pm:  View Gpf's Profile Search for other posts by Gpf Edit this post

Opposite problem with my other half. She complains that the seat isn't stepped like my previous bikes so she can't see over my shoulder...  

By Guzzi on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 01:51 pm:  View Guzzi's Profile Search for other posts by Guzzi Edit this post

Guess that means I'm bent and your stiff if you'll excuse the french

Dave 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation