Dissapointed in test ride tranny harsh .does it loosen up?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: CapoNord ETV1000: Dissapointed in test ride tranny harsh .does it loosen up?
By Capoman on Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 05:25 pm:  View Capoman's Profile Search for other posts by Capoman Edit this post

After waiting since dec. a demo showed up at the dealer followed by the red bike I had money on.
I must say that a am very dissapointed in the smoothness of the drivetrain.
I have ridden a ducati st4 and as the capo is derived from the rsv a competator to the st4 I expected that the gearboixes should be similar.

I am very dissapointed in the drive train. Not smooth or friendly.

Is it possible that the demo just needs to loosen up. Does anyone else have any comments on this situation.
The bike is at the shop and I'm not interseted in buying it unless I get a reason to feel that things wll get better.

I rode a tiger and feel that it has a great drivetrain and motor.This particular capo is not even close. Help  

By Guzzi on Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 11:59 pm:  View Guzzi's Profile Search for other posts by Guzzi Edit this post

Its horribly tight for the first 1000-1500 then smooths out. Mines done 6.5k now and its silky smooth through the gears and the engines loosened up great.

You really need to ride one thats done some miles.

Dave  

By Gpf on Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 11:31 am:  View Gpf's Profile Search for other posts by Gpf Edit this post

I was really disappointed with my Capo for the first 1500 miles. Dog rough. It improved markedly after 2000 miles. I've now done 3000 with it and it's a totally different bike.

For the first 1000 miles it was easier to find the "neutral" between 4th and 5th than the real one! It was snatchy, tight, sluggish - I nearly took it back for my trade-in bike which was still at the dealers. Glad I didn't now!

Graham  

By Guzzi on Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 01:05 pm:  View Guzzi's Profile Search for other posts by Guzzi Edit this post

Are you going to WSB at Silverstone on the 26th?

Dave  

By Guzzi on Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 01:10 pm:  View Guzzi's Profile Search for other posts by Guzzi Edit this post

Back to gearboxes...it took me 20k miles to smooth out my guzzi gearbox - i thought I was doing well on the capo

Dave 

By Gpf on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 09:34 am:  View Gpf's Profile Search for other posts by Gpf Edit this post

Are you going to WSB at Silverstone on the 26th?

No, I'm a MotoGP fan. Never really enjoyed WSB.

Graham 

By Guzzi on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 02:18 pm:  View Guzzi's Profile Search for other posts by Guzzi Edit this post

I prefer MotoGP also but I thought I'd go along to see Haga perform.

Dave  

By Capoman on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 05:27 pm:  View Capoman's Profile Search for other posts by Capoman Edit this post

well boys ,based on your experiences that the capo is great and will loosen up I;m picking up the bike midweek. Thanks for your Input. I,m sure it wil be just what I need. Keep me advised of any good info
. george  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation