In search of a futura for ARS

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Futura RST1000: In search of a futura for ARS
By Bossbob on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 06:54 am:  View Bossbob's Profile Search for other posts by Bossbob Edit this post

A copy of the post elsewhere... the rest is up to you guys!!
HTH Rab

Tuned at a race track - by pro`s
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats the offer, Its at brands hatch in the UK.
Those involved manufacture race exhausts, sponsor and run a race team, using a Mille, know the bike & engine inside out, have a seperate "airkit" to enhance performance on Mille`s and Falco`s but not yet the Futura.

Why?? ... Coz they have not yet had a Futura to work on. They invited me to offer up my bike for the works so they can get to know it and get a design done on the perfect aftermarket kit to get the MAX from the bike.

That offer is there. Their abilities unquestionable, their track record speaks for its self.

So, it is now well documented that i have a preference for "stock" but frankly it is each to their own. I`ve said it before... any engine can be altered, exhausts, air intakes, fuel and timing. It is only important to know the resulting balance is right

Here is the link to the thread, and the renegade site. If you check out the Falco section they have had good results. And yes, they have an American division, so any resulting aftermarket mods would be available world-wide.

Happy to help anyone that likes to tinker and tweak.... at this place it will come out right.

www.apriliaridersite.com/...1038801544

www.renegade-products.com/

Rab  

By Podpeeze on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 03:49 pm:  View Podpeeze's Profile Search for other posts by Podpeeze Edit this post

Just testing the water!
I've got a Futura thats currently being repaired at a dealer after a prang. It was new in August and has just completed 1000k. When I get the bike back it will have had its first service, valves, remap etc and is bog standard. I'm looking for someone to make this bike sound like a V-twin and not a fridge! If I was to offer the bike when repaired how long would you need it and what sort of work would be done? (I'm not a mechanic!!)
Cant promise anything but I'm not looking to use the bike till March.
Jon Pease  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation