So ... any owners actually visit here?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Futura RST1000: So ... any owners actually visit here?
By Bossbob on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 03:31 pm:  View Bossbob's Profile Search for other posts by Bossbob Edit this post

New to the site, awaiting delivery of the said machine, but it seems a bit quiet in here

Anyone in ??
Rab 

By Falcorob on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 07:20 am:  View Falcorob's Profile Search for other posts by Falcorob Edit this post

Doesn't look like it Rab. Perhaps you should have bought a Falco 'cos then at least you'd have had someone to talk to
Check out the threads on the Falco and Mille anyway and if you have any questions about the bike post on General. The bikes are all relatively similair anyway so there will usually be someone who can give you an answer.

Rob 

By Bossbob on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 03:33 pm:  View Bossbob's Profile Search for other posts by Bossbob Edit this post

Such is life matey.....

I am on a couple of other boards for the futura but the users sure seem thin on the ground

Thanks for the offer to visit the general area ... but it don`t seem that busy either. I`ll be hanging around for a bit, the trick will be to get everyone in the same place.

Now, .... just what would I want with a Falco??

coat please

Rab 

By Powermaster on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 03:23 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Rab, this may sound strange, but I have never seen a Futura on the road and I would love to find out their power or play with one a little
Where are you? 

By Bossbob on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 04:44 am:  View Bossbob's Profile Search for other posts by Bossbob Edit this post

HIDING

I`ve heard about you

Rab 

By Bossbob on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 03:06 pm:  View Bossbob's Profile Search for other posts by Bossbob Edit this post

Ok ... so that seems to have worked , my bike is safe

on a serious note, if allowed, there are several Futura owners on another site who would probably be pleased to let you test it as they "WANT" to do alterations to the airbox and mapping etc.
In my case this is the first new bike I`ve had and just want to get on it and enjoy. My days of quad carbs, jetting, high lift cams etc are over but they were fun........ albeit I did it on older bits of kit and for personal satisfaction. The novelty of endless days and nights in the lock-up have left me. And , to be honest, 113 Hp at the crank is too much anyway!!

I`ll try to get them to pop in here and express an interest.

So where are you PM?? ... Brands hatch if I perceive correctly.

HTH

Rab
P.S. It may help if I had a bit of an idea what tests you would like to do  

By Befbever on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 12:45 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

Rab, this may sound strange, but I have never seen a Futura on the road

That just means Tomo doesn't let you out much!

Seriously I run into a Futura from time to time. The owner seems very happy with it and hey, I haven't signed any contract yet so I may be a future owner still!

Bossbob, the last thing I wanted on my Falco was a lot of hassle with the bike. But let me assure you the airkit and exhausts transform the bike into a Mille Slayer and it runs much more smoothly as well! None of the mods give me any hassle, well apart from the occasional sneer by the Powermaster - but I kinda like that.

It's the first thing I'd do if I had a Futura and that's the truth.  

By Bossbob on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 04:34 am:  View Bossbob's Profile Search for other posts by Bossbob Edit this post

Quote:

It's the first thing I'd do if I had a Futura and that's the truth.

I believe you.....

But Mr Aprilia has gone and made a real sweet job of tucking it up under the seat outa` sight so my panniers will fit tight in to the bike, giving me lots of space without added width, and I like that.

On the "performance" issues, there is a lot of discussion elsewhere on the differences of Futura/Falco/Mille . I`m still grasping them, but one thing I can`t find on the Aprilia site is the quoted Hp of the Falco, as stock.

Any official figures around you know of Bev??

I don`t think you could face the fun PM would poke at you if you had a Futura

By Powermaster on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 11:49 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Quote:

I don`t think you could face the fun PM would poke at you if you had a Futura

Are you kidding? I am having trouble imagining Bef as a Millenaut, but as a Futura slayer, I think that would suit him better, particularly with the Bart cape

Rab, Yes I am at Brands, I don't have a problem with the Futura, I was going to change my Pan for one, once I sat on one the riding position was not what I want a touring bike to be, but the Capanord impressed me more.

As for tests, I am just curious to see what they are kicking out and compare the power curve to others 2 equal engines. Did you know that on the Vstrom (same engine as TLS) there is a restriction of 19 bhp? Yet, 4 pence is all it costs to de-restrict it?
If I ever build exhausts for the Futura, I have no intention of changing it's position,
Anyway, if any of your pals from the other forum want to pop in or you, they are always welcome. Also, why not invite them to pop in ARS. As you may notice, ARS is not about what model you have, it's about pissing Bef off for turning Millenaut

By Befbever on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 01:36 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Classic, PM, I expected no less!

Bossbob, the Falco is quoted 118 DIN hp, that's crank.
Mine had 122 bone stock after 4000 miles , but my Falco is an unusually strong one so the PM tells me.
I now have 125 crank, but gained 10 hp midrange. And that's where we ride our bikes isn't it?

The difference between a Futura and a Falco? If you bring your bike to Jorge, we'll soon know for sure. 

By Bossbob on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 05:04 pm:  View Bossbob's Profile Search for other posts by Bossbob Edit this post

Quote:

If I ever build exhausts for the Futura, I have no intention of changing it's position

Interesting comment. I didn`t know that was part of what you did, staintunes already do exhausts and this outfit, as you may or may not already be aware, do made to measure to your spec.
http://www.gazbike.demon.co.uk
Pics of other pipes are here
http://wolfcentral.net/files/futura_givi.htm

Quote:

Also, why not invite them to pop in ARS. As you may notice, ARS is not about what model you have

ARS??

Regardless, there are a lot of debates on restriction/derestriction power,tuning, performance, risk of damage to valves etc. There are many that would like to know what you folks seek to know...... its just that I am not one.

Thanks for the info Bev, its appreciated. The figures (Hp @ crank)as I have them now are ; Mille 130 ; Futura 113 ; Falco 118 ;
More importantly, to me anyway, is that the bikes have a different purpose and a tourer reqires a different character to a sports.

Quote:

As for tests, I am just curious to see what they are kicking out and compare the power curve to others 2 equal engines

I also understand that the Futura has a slightly different engine (physically) and the ECU is a different make, the same as the one on a Triumph....... do you have the "tuneboy" to re-write the maps?? If not how would you program the ECU to suit the changes??

Enough for now, I thank you folks for popping in to keep me company and one day, whether i let you work on it or not, I hope I will be able to make it to brands to meet up
Rab 

By Bossbob on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 05:57 pm:  View Bossbob's Profile Search for other posts by Bossbob Edit this post

oooopssss
Quote nicked from the FJR site

Quote:

PM fits this development work in around running an Exhaust Manufacturing company

And there is me linking you to that other site..not once,BUT TWICE!!
Sorry about that.... I didn`t know, honest.
So where is your website?? 

By Befbever on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 12:37 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

I also understand that the Futura has a slightly different engine (physically) and the ECU is a different make, the same as the one on a Triumph....... do you have the "tuneboy" to re-write the maps?? If not how would you program the ECU to suit the changes??

I thought you were someone who didn't want to know?

ARS = ApriliaRiderSite

PM is the sponsor and founder of ARS, ridersite, FJR and Triumph site and his website is
www.renegade-products.com
Don't be surprised to see familiar names in the chat area.

By Bossbob on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 07:08 pm:  View Bossbob's Profile Search for other posts by Bossbob Edit this post

Quote:

I thought you were someone who didn't want to know?
ARS = ApriliaRiderSite

Thanks Bef....
I didn`t want it done to my bike was what I said
I`m always happy to help, bef and as I said origonally my days of tickling and tweaking are as good as over. But I enjoyed it , so why shouldn`t others if thats what they want to do??
If I am going to promote the site/opportunity presented by PM then it pays to be well informed about the details.
I have indeed posted the offer to Uk riders and we`ll see, they may just take it up. I`ve also said it was on this site.
I have had a quick look at PM`s site and it`s a good un for sure, and the track record is confidence inspiring.

I`m sure its an offer someone will find it hard to resist

Rab 

By Richandall on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 03:59 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Quote:

The figures (Hp @ crank)as I have them now are ; Mille 130 ; Futura 113 ; Falco 118

I'm always puzzled when I see the Mille quoted as 130bhp (which is nearly everywhere). No dyno chart I've yet seen shows a stock Mille figure near to that. Even 'corrected' (from rwbhp) to the crank figure.

So where does the stock Mille get its phantom horses from?

Aprilia's marketing department perhaps?

By Befbever on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 11:37 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Gee, Rich, now that you mention it...
I went looking for those graphs on the Rene site and the best I could find was 119 wheel DIN.
All others are below 130 bhp crank, even with Arrows and the likes.

No wonder my Falco's a Mille Slayer!

Intweeging.... 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation