MAINTANENCE COSTS???

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: RS & RX Series: MAINTANENCE COSTS???
By Pmcc2002 on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 12:07 pm:  View Pmcc2002's Profile Search for other posts by Pmcc2002 Edit this post

Can anyone tell me how much i am likely to pay for the upkeep on the rs 250. i just bought one for track days and it has 9000 miles on it. how much does the inevitable rebuid cost and does anyone know any place for getting cheap parts  

By Animal on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 12:48 am:  View Animal's Profile Search for other posts by Animal Edit this post

The rebuild depends on who does it, and wether you can take the engine out yourself.

Better to get a "preventitive" rebuild rather than waiting for the engine to go Pop... rekon on somewhere ITRO £300 - £400 if you just give them the bike.

As for bits, Levers and pegs are plentiful thanks to all the L-Plate-Loonies on RS125s crashing lots as the parts are interchangable.

For Engine parts, most tuners have their own suppliers, so ask around. I use Bob Farnham, who has always been helpful.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation