Cycle World Long Term Test

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Cycle World Long Term Test
By Twowheels78 on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 03:30 pm:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

Just got the new issue of Cycle World in the mail last night. I really should learn to pace myself, I read it cover to cover last night, now what am I going to read for the next month There's an article about their long term Falco. Very good review, the only issue they had was a slipping clutch at 7500 miles. Aprilia sent them new plates from a Mille, wish we got that kind of support from the dealers!

There are two quotes the first one from Chuk Starrett in Austin TX, DurangoKid is that you? The other one is from Kurt Hadeler. I know I've heard the name before, pretty sure he's a poster on here but for that life of me I can't remember the screen name. 

By Twowheels78 on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 03:32 pm:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

If there's enough interest I can scan it, put in a PDF and e-mail it anyone that wants it.  

By Befbever on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 04:51 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Kurt, that's Cplus, right? 

By Tokas on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 05:26 pm:  View Tokas's Profile Search for other posts by Tokas Edit this post

Yes pleeease, do scan Twowheels!

Sometimes it's too much of a hassle to buy a foreign magazine here in Sweden. I've never seen Cycle World on the shelves.
And I've still got no luck with January issue of Fast Bikes...  

By Twowheels78 on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 06:00 pm:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

OK, I'll scan it and put in a pdf for you guys. In the meantime you may want to check out the following two websites. The websites don't have the full magazine content, but it is free...

Cycle World Motorcyclist 

By Twowheels78 on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 07:34 pm:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

Here you go... it's a little over 1 mb in size, hope that's not to big for you guys with wimpy dial-up connections

1,Cycle World Long Term Review

By Twowheels78 on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 07:39 pm:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

Doh...me and my big mouth Forgot about the 100k file size limit If you want the article make sure your e-mail address is in your profile and then let me know, I'll e-mail it to you. 

By Befbever on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 08:36 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Twowheels, you're a darling!
If you'd send it to this address please, it won't clog up my hotmail account.

Ta very much!

By Cplus on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 07:45 pm:  View Cplus's Profile Search for other posts by Cplus Edit this post

Yep, guilty as charged. Sorry for not replying sooner, but I've been spending time on the new site.

Regards,
CPLUS (a.k.a. Kurt)  

By Islefalco on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 08:45 pm:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

I would like a copy, please. Email address in profile.
Cheers.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation