Whats the best tyres for a falco?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Whats the best tyres for a falco?
By Bonerp on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 08:27 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

Need to replace the rear as its square, so I'll probably do both. Have seen the comments about BT12ss, look interesting.

Any comments? Cheers  

By Befbever on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 09:07 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Well, I've got the BT-012 ss's on for a while now and here are my thoughts:
the grip is unbelievable, both front and rear.
The tyres are gripping almost from when cold.

But the front is wearing pretty fast, only done a couple of thousand miles and it's really showing already.
As a result, the bike's become increasingly nervous. Without exaggerating, I'd have to say that the Falco only performed well for a couple of weeks of daily use. After that, slow speeds became a challenge for keeping the bike in a straight line.
She still performs lovely at higher speeds tho.
Last time I checked.

In short, great tyres for those who have the dosh to change them before their life span is up. For commuting, I'd take a soft Dunlop next time. The D207 front would hardly wear and always handled well. 

By Scotty on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 10:36 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Metzler Sportec M1s............ Thats what I've got currently..

012ss toooo soft.. Bef had now confirmed my thoughts on this! 

By Richandall on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 12:58 pm:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Love those Sportec M1's too, tho I don't push them much. M1's come out well in group tyre tests - usually nearly top or at the top alongside BT 010's, not that I'd notice the difference.

Both were on offer, fitted, at silly prices. By mail order too, from Leeds Tyre Centre. Don't know what they're asking now, but Yorkshire prices without having to make the journey....brrr!!

- Rich  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation