Calling all Texans

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Calling all Texans
By Dale on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 07:21 pm:  View Dale's Profile Search for other posts by Dale Edit this post

If you live in Texas (Durangokid) have a look at http://www.apriliaforum.com/index.htm and check out the offer for larger Throttle Bodies. 

By Cplus on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 10:43 pm:  View Cplus's Profile Search for other posts by Cplus Edit this post

I live in NY, but I was eyeing that offer too! Regardless, I'm really interested to see what kind of power the enlarged throttle bodies make.  

By Fullstate on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 11:59 pm:  View Fullstate's Profile Search for other posts by Fullstate Edit this post

It would only be a slight hassle for me to take the bike down to Austin. I have some friends who live there. I can't imagine that they wouldn't be able to find someone to do it. I just don't wish to spend $600 bucks on the kit right now.  

By Exdukenut on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 12:03 am:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

You'll find that someone has already taken up the offer.  

By Durangokid on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 12:52 am:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

Dale,

Saw that deal, smokin'. Problem is that cash is REALLY tight right now. Besides, I need a couple of other things first... like a new set of tires and crash bobbins. On top of that my insurance rates more than doubled to $1365 from $600 due to a recent low side.

Weather is beautiful here in the Lone Star State. It's a shame that I haven't had time to ride since before Christmas.

If anyone is looking for some scuffed body work, I have an ad in the classifieds under cstarrett.

Chuk  

By Dave on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 08:34 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Someone small but loud of gob may have some comments re above mentioned, there's a link here someplace to MoreHorsesNirvana

re Austin, cool place, nice music bars, what's that stuff called snow... 

By Durangokid on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 12:38 am:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

Shocking old bean I daren't say. I am myself gobsmacked when confronted with the above mentioned comments re.

As to your generous suggestion of a link to MoreHorsesNirvana, pray tell, how does an equine paradise have any relevance to the price of tea and crumpets at Lords? Yours ever,

A wicked sorted geezer.  

By Scotty on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 10:17 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

I love them old septics trying to take the mick out of us brits!

Believe me Durango you couldn't be further from the truth with that 'dick van dyke' imitation mate!

BTW One of my mates or buddies (as you say) here at work is texan so I got you guys down to a fine art...
'Fries Coffee Pie'! or 'Propane and propane products' in a Hank Hill voice!

Nuff respect geez, bigup to da Texan massive!  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation