Scorpion exhausts

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Scorpion exhausts
By Andyjfalco on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 07:37 am:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

I've had Scorpion exhausts on my Falco for about eight months now with no problems. However, in October I gave a mate a lift and found the left pipe had been hitting the swingarm, scratching it quite badly.
I got in toutch with Scorpion and was told that they knew about the problem, and that I should send the link pipe back to them for modification, as it was this causing the pipe to be out of line.
Now don't get me wrong, I think these pipes are very good quality and would buy some again. BUT, why after nearly nine weeks have I not got my link pipe back? British aftersale service? Maybe they belong to Motor Cycle City?
I've sent one more email and if I don't get a reply I'll take legal action.
Pissed off, Andy.

By Falco9 on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 10:07 am:  View Falco9's Profile Search for other posts by Falco9 Edit this post

I'd be in touch pronto, but also about some compensation for the damage to your swinging arm.
If they have admitted to knowing about the problem I'd imagine you had good grounds for claiming for the damage to your bike,(Mille swinging arm replacement maybe?)
Anyway best of luck getting the connector pipe back, as usual another manufacturer who doesn't want to know once they have your money!  

By Stalker on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 11:20 am:  View Stalker's Profile Search for other posts by Stalker Edit this post

I had the same problem with my Blue Flames,they sent two new link pipes in case I had a mismatched pair.Didn't solve a thing,and cos Ifitted them meself said it was my fault.Even though three of us had a go(one a bike mechanic). So I settled to having it a la'll bit off centre and it doesn't foul any more.  

By Andyjfalco on Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 09:01 am:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Thanks for the support guys, I'll keep you posted.
andy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation