Hi there, another new rider here.

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Hi there, another new rider here.
By Teddydog on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 01:18 pm:  View Teddydog's Profile Search for other posts by Teddydog Edit this post

Holiday greetings from New York, USA. Just put a bit more than a hundred miles on the new Falco today, and it's a blast! My first twin motor, and it's more than I could have hoped for. I just wish it was more than 40 degrees out, I would still be out riding. Bloody weather.  

By Exdukenut on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 02:00 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Welcome aboard and enjoy your new mount! 

By Durangokid on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 02:12 pm:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

T-Dog

Welcome to our exclusive brotherhood of Falconers.

Couple things you have to know:

The Black ones are the fastest.
The Mille is inferior.
Renegade makes the best aftermarket exhaust.

The first two are forever debatable.

Currently 61 degrees here in the Lone Star State

Chuk 

By Teddydog on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 02:31 pm:  View Teddydog's Profile Search for other posts by Teddydog Edit this post

Thanks for the welcome, it's good to be here. As far as the exclusive brotherhood goes, you're spot on with that one. I didn't even know Aprilia made street bikes until just a few weeks ago! I remembered the name from some G.P. race tapes I watched a few years ago and took a look on the website and found a dealer within 45 minutes of home. Needless to say, the next week I was driving back with the Falco! I've ridden for a few years, and have never seen one on the road, so I'm quite happy having the only one around.
Durango, since mine is half matte black, I suppose it's only half as fast as yours, eh? 

By Wlk303 on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 08:12 pm:  View Wlk303's Profile Search for other posts by Wlk303 Edit this post

Don't let them kid you T-Dog. With a Renegade exhaust system, chip and airkit, your Falco will be as fast as any color Falco out there.
I have a half matte black Falco with said addition and it flat rips!
Welcome aboard! 

By Chuzo on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 08:28 pm:  View Chuzo's Profile Search for other posts by Chuzo Edit this post

T-Dog, I wish I had the Renegade and the other stuff but suffice it to say that with some enlargement of the airbox and a BBPower chip mine went from 107.9 to 112.4 HP (Dynoed). All this without clipping any wires. Guess what would it be with the Renegade cans and a clipped wire, hmmmmm.

So far, as happy with the bike as I can be. BTW mine is a half Matte Black, the fastest and the only one with this color in Lafayette, LA.

Enjoy your ride (and the exclusivity)  

By Befbever on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 11:18 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Hi there, Teddydog. There's one other in NY that I know of. It's on Long Island. And it's the proper colour: red.

Get Termignoni's for a Duck 916, get Renegades for a Priller. Never a rule so simple!

ignoring the can Renegade made for the 999...Termignoni going out of business soon?

Welcome to ARS, the Mother of all boards!

By Fullstate on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 07:55 am:  View Fullstate's Profile Search for other posts by Fullstate Edit this post

Saw Chuck reporting in from the Lone Star State. This week is not good for riding, but the last two weekends were excellent.

Bef is absolutely correct when saying that the propor color (even if he can't spell color ) is red.

Now you just need to de-restrict it, put some after market exhausts on, drop in a new chip, and change the final gear ratio and you are all set. Radar detector, pucker factor, and more fun that you can shake a stick at are all optional. 

By Cplus on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 12:45 pm:  View Cplus's Profile Search for other posts by Cplus Edit this post

Hey Teddydog, where were you riding? I was out and about for a few hours Sunday afternoon, riding all through Harriman/Bear Mountain and thought it was nice (~50f). Sure beats shoveling snow off the driveway to sit in the garage and look at the Falco!  

By Molan on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 01:34 pm:  View Molan's Profile Search for other posts by Molan Edit this post

OK - so mine is all gloss black including belly pan. Also has black carbon oval Renegade cans - does this make it the fastest there is?

Damn, just realised the blue Oz race wheels & shiny Mille swing arm have detracted from the "none blacker" look - must knock several mph off my top speed??

By Teddydog on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 08:14 am:  View Teddydog's Profile Search for other posts by Teddydog Edit this post

Cplus, I was riding around Dutchess county, Poughkeepsie-Millbrook-Pleasant Valley area. The roads were pretty decent, and I was able to get in almost 120 miles on Sunday. Yesterday I made a couple of short trips and put 98 more on the odometer. With the snow starting to come down on Christmas day, it appears that I'll be sitting in the garage looking, rather than riding. Cheers.  

By Cplus on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 03:48 pm:  View Cplus's Profile Search for other posts by Cplus Edit this post

Teddy, I'm curious -- where did you purchase your Falco? Danbury? How do you like the dealer?

The reason I ask is the dealer I bought my Falco from, Rt. 23 Cycle Center in NJ, just closed up shop. It was a very sad day, and now I'm looking around for a new favorite dealer. So far, Rockwell Cycles in Ft. Montgomery seems to be the leader. They're not an Aprilia dealer yet, but I understand that they're going to take on the brand.  

By Teddydog on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 06:57 pm:  View Teddydog's Profile Search for other posts by Teddydog Edit this post

Cplus,I purchased my Falco from Danbury Powersports, and so far have been happy with everything. I've had two callbacks from the salesman and the motor tech just to see how things are going. They also gave me great discounts on some new leathers and such. The head mechanic seems to know quite a bit about the bike, as well as other exotics. He built up one of the limited edition Tuono Fighters, and it was pretty sweet! Not nearly as good as the Falco, though. The only other dealer I know of is Spitzie's Cycle Center in Albany. That's quite a ride, and I don't get up there unless I have to. Talk to A.J. at Danbury and ask about the service's they offer, it may be worth your while, maybe not, but you won't know unless you try. I think they're okay, but then I haven't had a problem yet!  

By Mr_Venjer on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 09:27 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Molan, on the contrary, your bike will be the fastest with its Mille R wheels and swingarm !!

Hello Bef, Merry christmas.

I take it you all had a good christmas ?! I'm about to leave work and take my bike home the scenic route, along the river Thames from Tower bridge to Westminster, then buy some music bits, then whizz home and scare the pedestrians. I love it.

Kevin 

By Befbever on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 11:39 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Hey, Kevin! Hope you had a mighty fine Christmas 'n all. Got meself a new lid and well chuffed about it I am. Now all I need is a partridge in a pear tree.

And oi! My dictionary says it's spelled "colour". But do go on correcting me if I misspell things. It's the only way I'll learn.

You listening, Dave?
Jorge?  

By Fullstate on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 04:20 pm:  View Fullstate's Profile Search for other posts by Fullstate Edit this post

Hey Bef -

It's the little differences, eh? I had to learn a few things when I was on that side of the ocean, too. At least we both agree that the red Falco's are the fastest ones!  

By Molan on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 04:33 pm:  View Molan's Profile Search for other posts by Molan Edit this post

So Kevin,

What are your "music bits"? I'm a bass player & have yet to find any other Falco riding musos out there.

Best I can offer is my ZX9R tenor sax man, his CB6 riding wife & my fave sound man who always a few bikes kicking around - I think curently a V-Max & a KTm Duke & maybe a 916 buried away in his shed!  

By Befbever on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 02:00 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Kev's a DJ, so it must be something to do with that. Did you think he was a real musician?

By Molan on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 04:46 am:  View Molan's Profile Search for other posts by Molan Edit this post

I'm guessing real musicians don't ride bikes - might fall off & damage their precious fingers?  

By Fullstate on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 07:12 am:  View Fullstate's Profile Search for other posts by Fullstate Edit this post

Whoah.... Falco riding guitarist, here. I dabble with some other instruments from time to time, but mostly stick with the guitar.  

By Teddydog on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 07:37 am:  View Teddydog's Profile Search for other posts by Teddydog Edit this post

I too play guitar! Well, sort of. I know a few power chords and 1 scale. But I look cool. 

By Mr_Venjer on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 05:16 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Molan, I have managed to amass 2 mixing desks 4 synths, 2 samplers, a couple of sound modules, a drum machine, a PC running Logic Platinum, loads of software synths, a couple of compressor mics, lots of ideas but no engineering skills. The ideas in my head sound great but its taking ages for me to get the sounds to sound right.

I took piano lessons for a while but I didn't do the homework so that was pointless - although I did learn about chords and inversions of etc.

I am on the look out for unsigned singers, I need vocals asap to hear if the ideas will work or not and I am fed up of hearing loop after loop that sound similar without the vocal on it.

I am the black Robbie Williams, the world needs me, I need to entertain people, I also need to have a stunner on my arm

The Kevster - Happy new year to you all. 

By Molan on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 08:23 am:  View Molan's Profile Search for other posts by Molan Edit this post

Hi Kevin,

Have you advertised on Loot for singers? There's a musician's notice board & it's free

I've used this in the past & got quite a few responses - quite a few crazy people but you never know what you might find

Also try hunting down local rehearsal studios, they nearly all have notice boards for pretty cheap rates. I know a couple in North West London & Hertfordshire if that's any use to you?

A member of my band is also a music tech at a university in NW London & he might be able to do something.

What sort of stuff are you working on? If you have samples maybe I could let him hear something & see what he thinks?

Let me know if any of this is any use, us Falco musos need to stick together  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation