Ford Fusion radio ad - direct insult to bikers?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Ford Fusion radio ad - direct insult to bikers?
By Molan on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 08:16 am:  View Molan's Profile Search for other posts by Molan Edit this post

Don't know if any of you have heard the current Ford radio ad for the Fusion (I've heard it a few times in London)?

Basic thrust of the ad is that if you are driving a big bastard car then you shouldn't need to give a toss about other road users. It makes a specific mention about a bike squeezing through the traffic and bashing a wing mirror (it could be a bicycle but I'm guessing this is aimed at us?).

It's exactly this kind of message that makes car drivers (& especially those who drive "utility" vehicles in cites) think they own the road & don't have to worry about the rest of us.

Letters / emails / calls of complaint can be made at http://www.radioauthority.org.uk/regulation/complaints/complaints-main.html

As someone who works in this industry I am appalled that Ford (& their agency) can think they can get away with this.

Get your complaints in now & see if we can get this ad taken off air... 

By Oldgit on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 12:14 pm:  View Oldgit's Profile Search for other posts by Oldgit Edit this post

Ignore the silly buggers and fit some Knee sliders on your elbows  

By Bonerp on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:22 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

Oi, what wrong wiv utility vehicles (4x4s)? This kind of stereo typing is EXACTLY the same as Ford are obviously using against bikers.

Its a free country. Live and let live.

Anyhow if someone cuts you up and purposely gets in your way, kick the f***ing mirror off or reshape the door!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation