Carbon Fiber mid-panels

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Carbon Fiber mid-panels
By Lalimey on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 05:50 pm:  View Lalimey's Profile Search for other posts by Lalimey Edit this post

Does anyone know of the whereabouts of carbon fiber panels (mid-fairing) for the falco?-I remember seeing a pic of a falco with these at one of the US shows.  

By Cplus on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 08:39 pm:  View Cplus's Profile Search for other posts by Cplus Edit this post

Do you mean like this? If so, funny you should ask -- I've been wondering the same thing lately. I remember seeing them in 2001, but when I tried to track down a set they were no longer listed in Aprilia's parts book. I know they were produced, but I don't know if there are any still around. Be interested to know if anyone else has more/better info. 

By Racerxlilbro on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 09:04 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

I believe it is actually an Aprilia part. Try your dealer. 

By Islefalco on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 09:51 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Look interesting. If they are an Aprilia official part I might as well forget it. By the time Aprilia UK get them I will be selling and moving on.

PS I plan to change bike in early 2004.  

By Hydropnik on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 11:01 am:  View Hydropnik's Profile Search for other posts by Hydropnik Edit this post

I my memory serves that is an Aprilia part. It actually came as a kit and included the rear seat cowl, dash, front fender and that mid-faring piece all in carbon. I haven't heard of them mentioned since 01 either.  

By Cplus on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 04:22 pm:  View Cplus's Profile Search for other posts by Cplus Edit this post

Yes, it was a factory kit with the side panels, speedo suround and seat cowl, but they are not available through Aprilia USA or any dealer I've spoken with. Maybe somewhere else in the world.  

By Ken_Dooley on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 06:49 pm:  View Ken_Dooley's Profile Search for other posts by Ken_Dooley Edit this post

The mid panels are available through Aprilia. The part number is 8796141. Also, the passenger cowl is part #8796142, the chain guard is 8796199, the speedo/dash cover is 8796140, and the Falco front mudguard is 8796139. All are currently showing as in stock with Aprilia USA. I have the speedo/dash cover, the chain guard, and the radiator cover (actually covers the front exhaust pipe between the radiator) and the fork plate (bolts to the bottom of the bottom triple tree). The finish on these parts is just as good, if not better than the carbon fibre parts on the Mille R. 

By Durangokid on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 07:00 pm:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

Any idea of the cost of these parts, the side panels in particular?  

By Ken_Dooley on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 07:12 pm:  View Ken_Dooley's Profile Search for other posts by Ken_Dooley Edit this post

Yes. Suggested retail is:
Front fend3er $191.36
Instrument cover $165.59
Side panel set $555.01
Passenger cowl $183.08
Chain guard $174.79
Also, the radiator cover 8796200 is $189.20 and is currently on back order. The Fork plate piece 8791058 is $134.92. Both the fork plate and radiator cover are listed as Mille parts but fit Falcos the same, as the stock plastic parts are the same for both models.  

By Cplus on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 07:21 pm:  View Cplus's Profile Search for other posts by Cplus Edit this post

I stand corrected, thanks! Now I just have to find out why the dealers I spoke with misinformed me.  

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 08:25 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Ken,

Do you know of an Aprilia dealer who can get this stuff in the USA??? And, should we expect to pay full boat?

Brad  

By Durangokid on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:24 am:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

Brad,

How's your baby girl? Haven't received any updates.

I called Aprilia USA today and the Side Panel Set is available. I didn't ask about anything else, already have the fender.

Any dealer should be able to place the order for you. You may need to press the issue and perhaps provide them with the part number.

Which is surprising, they would probably sell out if people only knew about the parts and their availability.

I already have a LH mid cowl on order which is too late to cancel without a restocking fee.

If I only would have known a day or so earlier.
Any chance of getting a discount? Doubt it.

Anyone want to buy a set of Black mid cowls? LH is new, RH is perfect.

Also I will have an upper cowl (rash), the bracket (bent), LH mid cowl (rash), lower (rash, fender (rash) and a tank (rash). Pictures aren't currently available, the parts are still on the bike which is at the dealer for another week or so. Everything is relatively minor and should be easily repairable.

Chuk 

By Ken_Dooley on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:26 am:  View Ken_Dooley's Profile Search for other posts by Ken_Dooley Edit this post

Brad,

Any Aprilia dealer can order this stuff for you. You'll probably have to supply them the part numbers 'cause it's likely they won't have any idea how to find them. The part numbers and descriptions are in the price list in the back of the 2001 parts and accessories dealer book. That's the only place I ever found them. Like I said, it's all showing in stock at Aprilia USA except the back ordered radiator cover.

I've only really dealt with 2 Aprilia dealers so far; Cycle Mart in Olympia, WA. and Lightning Moto Sport in Port St. Lucie, FL. Cycle Mart is where I used to work. Thier phone number is 360-493-2277. I don't know if they'll give you a break or not. It might be worth a shot to mention my name. Lightning Moto Sport's phone number is 772-871-2340. That's the closest Aprilia dealer to me now that I've moved to Florida. I've only dealt with Lightning Moto Sport a few times but Todd, the owner, seems cool. I don't know if he'll give you a break on prices either but it wouldn't suprise me if he did. Hope this helps.  

By Ken_Dooley on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:32 am:  View Ken_Dooley's Profile Search for other posts by Ken_Dooley Edit this post

Chuk,

I might be interested in the tank. Any idea what you'll want for it? Thanks.

Ken  

By Durangokid on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 12:08 pm:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

Ken,

You have mail.

Chuk  

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 09:25 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Thanks for the info. I can see carbon fiber in my future! LOL!

As for my baby girl...well, it's a ton better than we feared. There's no muscular disease, no brain disorder, but still the unexplained "gross motor delay." She's way ahead with cognitive skills, like talking, understanding, vocabulary, etc...but, she's 18 months old, and has the gross motor skills of a one-year old. So, my wife's day is filled with Dr. appointments and physical therapy. All in all, we're grateful for the outcome of the tests. Thanks so much for thinking of us. It means a lot. 

By Befbever on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:29 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

I can see carbon fiber in my future!

As in: while tumbling off my bike at a track day ?

Get my coat?

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:54 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

GRRRR!

I'm doing one on Tuesday, too! BASTARD! 

By Befbever on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 11:36 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

indeed! Good luck!
Meanwhile, frozen ground + rain made for some very 'intewesting' riding today.
The last thing I need after a day like that is someone announcing a track day!

Btw, all you guys with hairkits and temperatures well below should really REALLY get your woolies on and go for a ride. You can flip the bike just by blipping the throttle in 2nd!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation