Fairweather Falco ?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Fairweather Falco ?
By Falcokev on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 12:51 pm:  View Falcokev's Profile Search for other posts by Falcokev Edit this post

Just to prove I'm not a fair weather rider, I fired her up and took her for a spin this afternoon. It was only two degrees centigrade with a wind chill taking it down to minus two. Got my thermals on and went for it.

Good news ? She wheelies just as well in the cold as in the heat of the summer.

Bad news ? Half way round my usual 50 mile circuit the speedo packed up on me, together with the mileometer (the rest of the computer seems to be functioning OK).

I presume that its the little sensor next to the back brake thats gone, but I'm not sure.

I'm kinda hoping it isn't that because I'm running with a Mille swingarm which means I've had to re-route the sensor cable. No doubt the dealer and Aprilia will argue its out of warranty.

Any ideas whats wrong and how much it'll cost to fix ? 

By Gtfalco on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 12:02 pm:  View Gtfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Gtfalco Edit this post

Hi Kev this problem is almost certainly the sensor nr the back wheel have heard of a few of these going down Uk price I think is about £60.
Hope this helps .  

By Slkev on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 01:34 am:  View Slkev's Profile Search for other posts by Slkev Edit this post

I Had the same problem when the bike sat in damp conditions. Dealer said they would fix it but the old one started working again when the bike went back into regular use.
All the best Kev 

By Falcokev on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:35 am:  View Falcokev's Profile Search for other posts by Falcokev Edit this post

Cheers Guys

I'll leave it a few days (weeks ?) until the weather gets better and see what happens

FalcoKev 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation