Trackday suit

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Trackday suit
By Wlk303 on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 11:21 pm:  View Wlk303's Profile Search for other posts by Wlk303 Edit this post

After a couple of track days in my Aerostitch I'm now looking to purchase a one piece leather suit. Alpinestar has a great fitting suit but has no ventilation. Joe Rocket has a pretty good suit with lots of ventilation but it does not seem to fit as well, especially around the arms, which are very baggy. My Roadcrafter works very well for street duty but does anybody have any advice on trackday suits?  

By Rca on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 01:47 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

If the Alpinestar suit fits well, find someone who can ventilate it for you with hand punched holes. Alternatively, get something made to measure. If you're stateside you might consider Vanson.  

By J1rsv on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 09:52 am:  View J1rsv's Profile Search for other posts by J1rsv Edit this post

If you are in the UK try Scott Leathers, off the peg and made to measure. They will vent any panel for you, change colours etc. A lot of racers use their suits.  

By Wlk303 on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 11:06 am:  View Wlk303's Profile Search for other posts by Wlk303 Edit this post

I am stateside and ventilating the suit does seem like a good option. Probobly more so than altering an existing suit. A custom suit may be alittle out of my budget but still a good alternative. 

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 08:33 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

If you are in the US, visit New Enough. They were running a special on Technic one and two piece suits. I bought a one-piece for $369.

They're a great source for gear. Tremendous customer service, too. 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation