Problems with oil pressure

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Problems with oil pressure
By Dutchfalco on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 07:40 am:  View Dutchfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Dutchfalco Edit this post

Serious problems today!
under 2000 rpm my oil pressure light turns on.
Called my dealer and seems like a serious problem.
Well gonna miss my babe for a whiele

Shitt!!!  

By Crmc33 on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 07:51 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

sounds like the oil pressure switch may be duff. Other owners have had the same problem I beleeve. 

By Dutchfalco on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 07:57 am:  View Dutchfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Dutchfalco Edit this post

Well the dealer asked me to do some test to figure that out, but is seem to be a problem with the oil-pressure pump.  

By Powermaster on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 09:45 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Dutch, start the bike up and check if the oil moves in the oil tank window, when accelerating, if not, park up and tell you dealer to take the risk. It's possible that the plastic sprocket inside the oil pump may have broken or it's pin. I should know, two blown engines due to this.

This was not Aprilia's fault, more like a tuner trying t o cut corners.

By Befbever on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 11:29 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

You should have gone to a Belgian tuner eh Powermaster?

I've had my oil pressure switch replaced TWICE. 

By Froggy on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 07:07 am:  View Froggy's Profile Search for other posts by Froggy Edit this post

Hi
Thought that I should add a comment here. I have got a 2001 falco and had the same problem as you i.e. come to a standstill and the oil pressure light came on. It turned out to be the oil pressure switch. Was quickly replaced.  

By Scotteq on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 07:51 am:  View Scotteq's Profile Search for other posts by Scotteq Edit this post

I got the same problem last summer. But I decided to clean the contacts and bend then tighter. So far, so good!

Scott ;)  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 08:06 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Either that or connect the wires to the sidestand switch then the light will only glow when the stand is down. Problem solved!

\clipart {getmefreakincoat}  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation