Couldn't help myself......

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Couldn't help myself......
By Exdukenut on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 07:04 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Just won an auction on ebay for some brand new OZ wheels at half the retail price (bargain).

I'll show you a piccie once they are on.

Really couldn't help myself.  

By Hansie on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 11:59 pm:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

All you need now is an engine and you can build a spare Aprilia!

Jalous , again!

Hansie 

By Prilliant on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 09:30 am:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

Bloody hell man!!!! Where's it all going to end?  

By Exdukenut on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 02:27 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

That's it, can't think of anything else I need for the bike. It'll be now an official Falco-R (ala RSV-R). I should add that when items come at great prices, and the money is available, then I just go for it.

It's now, all I've ever wanted. All the good bits and all.

I'll post piccies soonish, of the completed bike, although the swingarm is probably a week or two away. 

By Befbever on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 12:54 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

How about a lick of paint?
then it'll look a lot like this one 

By Exdukenut on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 12:17 am:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Bef, I've been think about getting some gold aprilia lion decals done for somewhere on the bike, haven't quite worked out the size yet or where on the bike they should go, as yet, but I've got Illustrator and the outlines on a Mac at home so I can start working on sizing over the next month or so.

As to the above, it's already been done, and if I wanted that paint scheme, I shoulda bought an RSV.

TTYS & hope the weather's not too bad over there for a ride.  

By Mr_Venjer on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 03:37 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

The Duke - you should have bought an RSV and painted it like a Falco Of course after removing the belly pan .....

Whoops

Kevin 

By Cplus on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 12:37 pm:  View Cplus's Profile Search for other posts by Cplus Edit this post

Here we go again!!!

Ex, can we have some pics please? You know, something we can pin up to our garage walls and say, "yeah, someday mine will be just like that." Oh, wait, that didn't come out right. How about "someday I'll have those bit 'n bobs, too." Er, no, that's not quite it either.

Nevermind, I'll just have to stick with a Fast Dates calendar. 

By Befbever on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 12:49 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Too right, Ex, and thanks for the weather inquiry.
Might look really nice, those lions!  

By Exdukenut on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 04:28 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Mr_Venjer, I then wouldn't have a fast enough bike, if I painted the RSV like the Falco! We all know Falcos are faster, especially the black ones!

Cplus, I know what you're trying to say!

As soon as I get the wheels on, hopefully this Saturday, (before my trackday on Monday at Eastern Creek), I'll do some photo's and post them up.

As soon as I get the swingarm on, I'll post again, although you could send me an image of your swingarm on the bike, and I could Photoshop (crop and size) the releavent bits together!

I'm probably going to just do decals (of the lionheads), as they are cheap and can be easily removed if they don't quite look the part.

Jorge is in construction of the TNT headers for me as we speak.

TTYS.  

By Cplus on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 06:42 pm:  View Cplus's Profile Search for other posts by Cplus Edit this post

Ex,

I bought lion-head decals on eBay. They were smaller, but they were inexpensive and look great. Just search for 'aprilia' and you'll find them in different sizes and colors.  

By Exdukenut on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 07:07 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Tks for the info. I've got the Illustrator eps files already, so I can experiment with my own sizes and then go down to the local signcutter place and just give them my eps file (Mac or PC Format) for their cutter and away you go.

P.S. If anyones interested I can email the files in any size for anyone else to do if they want and you have access to a local signcutter. Most signcutting software will work with Illustrator files from my past experience in computing, and through a client (signwriter) I used to know.  

By Jonsride on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 08:11 pm:  View Jonsride's Profile Search for other posts by Jonsride Edit this post

C:\temp\finished_1.jpg  

By Falcorob on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 04:45 am:  View Falcorob's Profile Search for other posts by Falcorob Edit this post

I wouldn't mind a copy please Ex 'cos I may put some decals on the bellypan once fitted.

falcorob@aol.com

Rob. 

By Exdukenut on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 07:04 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Falcorob, just let me know the size of the decal you want and I'll send you the file, at that size. Then all you need to do is take it to the local computerised signwriter shop and get them to cut them for you in the colour you want.

If you know someone with Illustrator v7 or later, (PC or Mac), I can send a copy to you now, and you can fiddle with the size at your leisure. That way you don't have to worry about the signwriter shop doing it, and costing you extra money for their time. That's what I'll be doing over the next few weeks anyway.

You can even take the Illustrator file and throw it into photoshop and see how it will look on the bike, in various colurs before you put it on.

Just let me know what you'd like to do, or anyone else for that matter.

By Redlionfalco on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 01:23 am:  View Redlionfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Redlionfalco Edit this post

Hi Guys, While we are on the subject of decals and as there seems to be a few of you who seem to know what your talking about, is it possible to reproduce the shading decal that is under the headlight and runs rearward on each side of the upper fairing. Here's hoping.  

By Falcorob on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 02:46 am:  View Falcorob's Profile Search for other posts by Falcorob Edit this post

Ex

E-mail on it's way

Rob  

By Exdukenut on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 02:14 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Redlion, unfortunately that decal is an actual screen print on decal material, and can't be replicated by normal signcutter processes.

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 04:38 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

you could maybe make your own shaded sticker using the shaded ones found in auto accessory centres for jazzing up old cars.

You know the ones, 1985 Vauxhall Nova, big bore exhaust, white wheel trims, bald tyres but VERY NICE STICKERS COVERING THE RUST! 

By Wader2 on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 04:48 am:  View Wader2's Profile Search for other posts by Wader2 Edit this post

Some of the newer sign company's have the capability to do shaded decals, you just have to ask them about it. One here locally can take a jpg file and convert it over to print.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation