WANTED, Aprilia Soft Luggage

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: WANTED, Aprilia Soft Luggage
By Falco9 on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 01:51 pm:  View Falco9's Profile Search for other posts by Falco9 Edit this post

If any-one has a set of the factory soft luggage (inc Frames)for the Falco for sale, I'm interested!  

By Falcofreak on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 07:37 am:  View Falcofreak's Profile Search for other posts by Falcofreak Edit this post

Hallo Falco9,

I have a set and I am not very fond of them. They are too small and too expensive and the frames spoil the look of your nice bike. I would go for softbags if I were you.  

By Falco9 on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 08:09 am:  View Falco9's Profile Search for other posts by Falco9 Edit this post

F/F. I take your points on board but I only want them for the "TT" and a tour of Scotland next year, I tried a tail pack last year and "never again" I caught my foot on it when dismounting and over we both went, luckily not much damage but enough to ensure that "ugly or not" I'm putting the right gear on next time. Are your's for sale?  

By Islefalco on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 02:49 pm:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

I use a tail pack, which I would choose over anything else. Successful use of a 35 litre tailpack involves the "if it won't go in its not going" principle and a foot first over the seat mounting technique. With practice this is not difficult. IMHO a tail pack has the least affect on the handling and aerodynamics of the bike.

See you at TT, perhaps.  

By Scotty on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 02:11 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Falco9.. you can have mine if you buy the bike with them!

Isle I find the Aprilia bags really useful but agree with the comments about aerodynamics... I've had 142mph out of mine with the Aprilia bags attached and it didn't want to go much faster, btw they are rated to about 90MPH only according to the warning label inside them.

I've got an Oxford tail pack that I used to use with my old bikes.. did find when it was full that you had to rather contort yourself to get on the bike. The only drawback of tailpacks is the potential for them to get jammed in the rear wheel... it has happend not to me though.. 

By Falco9 on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 03:24 am:  View Falco9's Profile Search for other posts by Falco9 Edit this post

Hi Scotty, Does this mean I get a cheap Falco then?. seriously if you do want shut of em, I'd be happy to make you an offer!.
Isle, I agree with your principle, however the lure of a hot cup of tea combined with pouring rain, meant I completely forgot about the tailpack in my hurry to dismount and over we went.
Never the less it'd be good to meet up when I'm at the "TT" next year, I wonder how many other falco's are going, the response to the track day virgins has been temendous, and you have the best circuit in the world to play on  

By Jr60 on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 12:06 pm:  View Jr60's Profile Search for other posts by Jr60 Edit this post

Falco 9
See post on falco bits. I am selling a set of said luggage (used about 4 times). Come without frame (was on nicked bike), think aprilia sell these alone.
jr60  

By Islefalco on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 12:26 pm:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Falco9,

I have arranged to go to the North West 200 in May, then I have TT, and in June off to Assen for MotoGP. This makes the track day a bit difficult with Enjoyment Control. I think the feeling was that the track day would be at Cadwell. Hmmm. A pal who used to race told me that if I wanted to do a track day steer well clear of Cadwell as a first timer. I think I trust his judgement on it.

Anyway, meet up at TT then? A pint, or two, of Bushy's is yours if we do.  

By Prilliant on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 12:01 pm:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

Islefalco, if you're coming over to the NW200 maybe you might want to meet up with some of the local Falco riders. let me know what date you're planning to come and we can organise a bit of a knees-up.  

By Islefalco on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 03:21 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Prilliant,

I am meeting up with some others from the UK who are supposed to be renting a house for NW200. Don't know all the details yet i.e. no dates and don't know where exactly, but as soon as I do I will be in touch.  

By Falco9 on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:56 pm:  View Falco9's Profile Search for other posts by Falco9 Edit this post

Isle, I'm definatley up for a pint of Bushy's (or three), I'll contact you nearer the date to arrange a meet.
With regard to Cadwell,for sure it's a tricky circuit and takes some learning, but if the weather is fine it's a fantastic ride round, just going over the mountain will make the trip worthwhile for you. Take it steady to start off with and you'll have no problems (I hope!)  

By Dave on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 01:30 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Isle, I'd agree with your mate about Cadwell, only in this case as there looks like being a big group with all levels of experience, there'll be plenty of advice on tap to keep things 'balanced'.

Re Enjoyment Control, anything she might be tempted with the same weekend?  

By Islefalco on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 02:32 pm:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Dave,
Enjoyment Control is Scottish. Nuff said.

I know better than to mess with her or push my luck too far.

I am away on a number of trips during next year and I am looking to buy a replacement rear shock so there comes a point when I am getting a bit greedy with the cash (It costs around £100 just to get the bike off the island each time).

It depends, of course when the Cadwell track day is. I still might be able to do it, although Oulton would have been my choice.  

By Dave on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 06:33 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Who knows, had a look at this year's dates around the same time and there was very few suitable ie Cadwell+late spring+weekend - we may still end up at Oulton

re EC she's not Glasgow by any chance or close? If so you could always drop her off at Blackpool with a couple of her mates  

By Islefalco on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 08:57 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Dave,

Not Glasgow, the other side. A Fifer. Funny lot, them. She's a fiery Scot and I'm a southern softie (so they say). I tread a careful path anyway.  

By Dave on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 09:29 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

hehe - they talk funny over there @me!

100pc have an as yet unconfirmed 1st June at Cadwell, a Sunday... 

By Bossbob on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 10:16 am:  View Bossbob's Profile Search for other posts by Bossbob Edit this post

An jist whits wrang wi a fifer huh

A`ll no be ha`in ony oh yer ethnic persicution oan here if ye dinnae mind !!

Its guid tae C she`s got ye in yer place tho  

By Islefalco on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 02:30 pm:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Nothing wrong with them. When dealing with somebody from Methil, be careful. They have a different, skewed view of the world. I'll say no more, in case she ever reads this.

I reckon 1st June is TT Mad Sunday. I will definitely be otherwise engaged!! I would never get on a ferry anyway. 

By Rsvjon on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 02:41 pm:  View Rsvjon's Profile Search for other posts by Rsvjon Edit this post

Islefalco,

Not a Falco rider but a Mille. I would be up for you showing me the lines over the mountain if your keen. I ride there every year. Sometimes work at Ronaldsway at TT week but not next year as it got in the way of my enjoyment this year.

By Dave on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 05:25 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

mmm, I had a feeling that date sounded a bit suspect - I have to admit I've never been to the island tho its a big Must Do. It'll be a pisser if the only reasonable Cadwell date coincides with the tt week

Bossbob, I went thru pain due to my accent - litterally - when I was a kid and moved from Dalkieth to Linwood, so I consider I have the right to laugh at accents from your side  

By Bossbob on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 06:08 pm:  View Bossbob's Profile Search for other posts by Bossbob Edit this post

Fae dalkeith..... ye`d huv tae laff

Mind you METHIL !! A woman fae Methil, I didn`t know there were any. They are all about as femenine as a butchers dog, and as gently carressing as a pick axe handle

So dalkieth miners on a friday then was it ???? now there`s a night out to be remembered, still is by all accounts. I spent a while in Musselburgh so know that area too. 

By Befbever on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 07:02 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Dave The Accent Man

By Islefalco on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 08:17 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Bossbob,
I know what you mean, but I have been married to her for 17 years and have kids, so she is either not that bad, or I have developed a worrying attraction to butcher's dogs. I leave you to draw your own conclusion, but if its the latter I'll give you the address she is staying at in Leven this weekend and you can go tell her to her face! If she doesn't deck you, the mother-in-law will. I take the cowards way out and stay at home! 

By Bossbob on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 10:25 am:  View Bossbob's Profile Search for other posts by Bossbob Edit this post

Congratulations, & comiserations in one

17 years huh I`m impressed !!

I`ll do likewise thanks,(and hide) I do large detours round leven.... I could break down and get stuck there and then this could look like this

And if they come looking

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation