Falco Paint

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Falco Paint
By Jomomma on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 12:34 pm:  View Jomomma's Profile Search for other posts by Jomomma Edit this post

Need to locate Red Falco OEM Paint, recipe, paint code. Located in the U.S. I am coming up short everywhere I look. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!  

By Zazutata on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 01:37 pm:  View Zazutata's Profile Search for other posts by Zazutata Edit this post

Try http://www.motorbikepaint.co.uk/ Not Stateside I know but they are highly recommended. Good luck

Mike 

By Daz on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 02:48 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Yep, did me proud! Both on the Falco and the Fazer...  

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 11:42 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Even better, buy the paint off Daz, he's crashed loads of bikes so has most colours available 

By Daz on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 02:14 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Hehe, but what Crmc33 isn't telling you is that he had first dibs on the paint, eh crmc!!  

By Islefalco on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 02:41 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Do you reckon they could get a perfect match for the Falco's yellow paint? My belly pan has now been painted three times. I haven't seen the latest attempt yet but the previous two have been way off. I am told it is something to do with the quantity of white in the mix that they can't get right - something to do with the paint code from Aprilia not producing the right shade. Not sure whether this is bull or not, but the bike has been with them now for nearly 3 weeks. Complete balls up.

I haven't riden the bike for nearly 5 weeks, what with waiting for parts and the feckin paint. What are Falcos like - can someone remind me? 

By Dave on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 02:59 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

fwiw, the candy red fades noticably over time, so using paind codes would be useless. Don't know how bad the yellow suffers.

IsleFalco - just look forward to how it'll feel when you get back on!  

By Daz on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 04:47 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Dave, it's a candy which is a silver base plus multiple red layers until you get a match...

Trev, I reckon they could help you out - my brother managed to get my yellow paintwork almost spot on with RS's paint. Top stuff. Oldgit will tell you though that you have to be v. careful or it crazes... damn annoying that.

Give them a ring, they are extremely professional. Maybe they could send the paint to the paint shop for you?

Daz  

By Islefalco on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 06:11 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Daz,

The belly pan is supposed to be painted again by today, so I will see how it is this time. If it is no good, I will try them and see if the paint can be sent over. For a 30 minute job, the bellypan has turned out to be a pain in the ass.

It does improve the look of the bike, so it should be worth it..... BTW, the paint always seems to turn out too pale, so it isn't fading that is the problem.  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 06:42 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Maybe you could send them a Banana or a dead Canary as a colour match? 

By Daz on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 07:44 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Good luck Trev! You know what they say.... if you want a job doing right....  

By Islefalco on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 09:29 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Personally, I wouldn't want to compare it to a banana. Don't really want to be caught sitting on one of those.

Daz, yeah, I would do it myself, but I have a problem. Lazy bastid. So i gotta pay the price...  

By Daz on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 09:36 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Same here, I get me bro to do it all for me!!  

By Johnl on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 10:06 am:  View Johnl's Profile Search for other posts by Johnl Edit this post

painted my belly pan with silverbase 2 coats I think and 2 coats Red Candy (honda) and 2 coats of laquer VITAL  

By Jomomma on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 03:10 pm:  View Jomomma's Profile Search for other posts by Jomomma Edit this post

Thanks for the suggestions. www.motorbikepaint.co.uk has the red Falco paint but is not able to ship to the U.S., and everywhere else I have tried is not able to obtain it. So if any of you have any further ideas on U.S. sources it would be great if you could let me know!  

By Befbever on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 12:31 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Take the pillion cover off and take it to an auto paint shop. They'll whipp up the right colour for you faster than you can say 'red ones are faster'!

If they're any good that is.

Hope this helps your economy 

By Mmax on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 02:18 am:  View Mmax's Profile Search for other posts by Mmax Edit this post

To Jomomma, try the below German site, perhaps they can help you -

http://www.ducati-kaemna.de/uk/katalog/Paintsticks_and_Paintsets_Aprilia.html 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation