Trackday Virgins

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Trackday Virgins
By Falcorob on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 07:15 am:  View Falcorob's Profile Search for other posts by Falcorob Edit this post

The more I think about this trackday stuff the more I want to do it. Seems like Cadwell or Oulton are the recommended places to go and as Oulton is only 'round the corner' for me, and I know where to go for a beer and bite to eat afterwards, then I'm going to plump for Oulton Park.
Now obviously I don't want to go on my own 'cos I'd be frightened by all the rufty tufty bikers laughing at me as I wobbled around. So who else fancies it?
I was thinking of either May or July. I'm away for most of June at my daughters wedding so that's not an option for me. I was also thinking that it would be an ideal opportunity for other 'virgins' to lose their cherry, although I wouldn't mind some first hand advice off the fast guys who fancied it. (So long as you're not the buggers doing the laughing that is).
I could give directions, accomodation advice, etc, to anyone not from the area (Cheshire, England), and also point out some terrific roads to play with while you were in the area.
So who's up for it? And no , this isn't restricted to Aprilia riders Daz if you can make it. We'll even let the Mille boys come.

Rob 

By Dave on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 07:17 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Need I say more... 

By Befbever on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 07:28 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Isn't Oulton the one with all the trees?
indeed!
Daz could make an appearance on his Fazer this time. As for the Mille comment, I'll ignore that for now.

Beffy The Mille Slayer

By Dean0612 on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 08:11 am:  View Dean0612's Profile Search for other posts by Dean0612 Edit this post

Rob,

I'm definitely interested and don't worry - I'm such a jessy that I'll make you and everyone else look like superstars!

Now, where did I put the file that I use to make the edges of my tyres look scrubbed in...

Cheers,
Dean  

By Gtfalco on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 10:47 am:  View Gtfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Gtfalco Edit this post

I,m up for it.I,m also a track virgin.  

By John1000 on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 12:12 pm:  View John1000's Profile Search for other posts by John1000 Edit this post

Sounds good to me.
It�s about time I got rid of my stabilisers.

By J1rsv on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 12:16 pm:  View J1rsv's Profile Search for other posts by J1rsv Edit this post

Text
Hi all,

I'm new to the site.

I've just done my first track day at Oulton with 100% bikes on 7th October. Did it on my 955i before I traded it for a 2002 Mille. There were a couple of Falco,s in the novice group. The instructors were excellent giving advice and tips on lines etc. Go for it, great day out. Just remember that you don't have to race anyone, easier said than done I know.

John 

By J1rsv on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 12:19 pm:  View J1rsv's Profile Search for other posts by J1rsv Edit this post

Text
Hi all,

I'm new to the site.

I've just done my first track day at Oulton with 100% bikes on 7th October. Did it on my 955i before I traded it for a 2002 Mille. There were a couple of Aprilia's in the novice group. The instructors were excellent giving advice and tips on lines etc. Go for it, great day out. Just remember that you don't have to race anyone, easier said than done I know!!!

John 

By J1rsv on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 12:21 pm:  View J1rsv's Profile Search for other posts by J1rsv Edit this post

Guess you only click it once then !!!!!!!!  

By Magic on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 12:28 pm:  View Magic's Profile Search for other posts by Magic Edit this post

Never done it before (a trackday that is) so count me in. 

By Daz on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 01:47 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

I'm well up for it, assuming I have a job by then!!  

By Befbever on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 08:47 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Me too!  

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 11:18 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Anything to do with female trackday virgins and Im interested. Have I got the wrong forum? 

By Andyjfalco on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 12:14 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Ok for May. + 2 others. Keep us posted.
Andy.

By No7flanker on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 01:22 pm:  View No7flanker's Profile Search for other posts by No7flanker Edit this post

Its only round the corner so i'm in (cherry's gotta go sometime ) 

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 12:04 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I best get my order in with Aprilia for my replacement bodywork. It should arrive by next May

SO, is it Oulton, Cadwell or Ty Croes? 

By Daz on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 02:16 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Ty Croes Zoo? Don't be daft!!  

By Islefalco on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 02:53 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Hmmm..

Been thinking about doing a track day for a while. Used to riding round the Island but something about track days makes me feel anxious... But you have to lose your cherry sometime.
Sort some dates out and I will try and get a ferry slot and negotiate with Enjoyment Control a permit for a few days. 

By Dave on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 03:26 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

That's over a dozen! If this carries on we'll need to book the whole day for Falcos and of course honorary falconeers - you know who you are!

Seriously, if we're going to arrange a big meet, better to decide on a date early to make sure everyone who wants to can get a place - I'm sure the enthusiastic are already booking next year's places. I'd suggest sometime in May which is usually when we get our first instalment of summer. And with 100pc as they're nice poeple, they got my cherry

To anyone not sure about a trackday, yes it is intimidating but if you go in a group and leave your ego at home its a top day! You only really come off if you want to, they have rules to make it safer (sighting laps etc) and instructors on hand to go round with you and check out what your up to, if you want.

One more point, I don't believe in a mad dash in the morning, so a local hotel is preferable, also a good oportunity to get a few beers down and talk bollox all night about bikes\tracks\hogwash in general  

By Falcoholic on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 03:48 am:  View Falcoholic's Profile Search for other posts by Falcoholic Edit this post

Might be countable if it doesn't clash with the NW200 on the 10th

It'll have to go on the kitchen calendar as a "WORK" excursion.  

By Mr_Venjer on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 03:53 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Agree with Dave. 100% bikes are very good and well organised. They do not tolerate nonsense.

If you have a fair way to travel it would be a good idea to go the night before. If the weather is going to be cold make sure you don't freeze your balls off on the way to the track.
You will be knackered by the end of the day so you may not want to ride home. Why not hire a van with someone else and put both bikes in. I did this going to Cadwell and I will do it again. I couldn't feel my limbs going to Donnington when I rode up there.

I will be coming too so I look forward to meeting you all.

The Kevster - 4 track days in total.  

By Benw on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 04:35 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Sounds like I should come along to watch the virgins! Kev can look after the boys, I'll look after the girls...

I'm on for meeting up the night before too!

B 

By Falcorob on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 07:48 am:  View Falcorob's Profile Search for other posts by Falcorob Edit this post

How many can you get on the track at once?

This is cool. Means I've got lots of people to laugh at me now. Gulp.

Anyone got the contact details for 100% so that I can get some dates/prices etc off them. There are some reasonable places to stay around here. Those that are interested please e-mail me and I'll get a list together with contact details so that you can arrange things.

That goes for anyone needing maps/directions/decent pubs/or anything else too.

Rob 

By Befbever on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 08:26 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

100pc are top blokes. I'm checking my ego at the border if I'm coming. It's probably too big to pay the ferry fare for anyway.

Can I be in the novice group?

By Dave on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 08:36 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

100pc 

By Befbever on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 08:41 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

It's fun, not intimidating!
Untill you meet Dave that is...

By Dave on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 08:47 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Oi! I'm a big softy I am  

By Mr_Venjer on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 10:39 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Yeah right ! Anyone seen Dave lately ? I'll pick a word that describes him best ........ coarse

The fact you can speak numerous languages is neither here nor there !

Kevin 

By Dave on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 12:27 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Kai Kuradile!  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 12:31 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

If we go to Cadwell, I will try n get the supermono sorted for it. It would be the ideal place to run it in!
mmmm.... anyone got a steering damper for sale?

Will bring the falco too of course 

By Benw on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 01:27 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

CRMC,

I have a steering damper you can have!

B  

By Tinkytot on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 09:18 am:  View Tinkytot's Profile Search for other posts by Tinkytot Edit this post

Yeah, I'd be up farrit.

I once got taken from trackside injured in a speeding ambulance to the local hospital.....

I was 10 and some pleb spilled a boiling hot cup of tea over my shoulder and back.
I remember the nurses were all expecting a hunky rider to burst through the doors as they were obviously aware the casualty was coming from Oulton Park. Then little old me trundled through. Also they had to give me an injection in my arse as my shoulders were all bunt, my mum still goads me with the fact I was screaming like a girl - but it did take 2 doctors to hold me down. I remember the screaming bit.

Anyway, I'll go into more detail on the day if anyone would like;-)

Anyone gone round Oulton before? The British Superbike guys tend to crash there a lot it seems. Is it particularly tricky?

- rob 

By Befbever on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 11:22 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

anyone got a steering damper for sale?

By next year? Sure, will an RSV one do?  

By Dave on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 11:43 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Quote:

If we go to Cadwell

a true nutter comes to town  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 12:07 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Quote:

Anyone gone round Oulton before? The British Superbike guys tend to crash there a lot it seems. Is it particularly tricky?

Aye, av been there and it is a fantasmagorical track. It has a lot of high speed corners that are challenging both physically and mentally. Theres a right hander called 'druids' which is simply awesome. Not if you get it wrong tho!
Its the one where you come out of it at full lean and the track drops away slightly so the front is in the air whilst banked over, then the edge of the track comes further to the right and before you know it youre climbing over the bike in a Foggyesque fashion just to keep it on the track. Mind you, this was racing....a little bit different to track day behaviour. There are plenty of great riders been killed at that corner...so it must be treated with respect!

IMHO Cadwell is also just as exhilarating tho more compact. More importantly, it may more be accessible for more riders.

IF your gonna ride either one its gotta be the full circuit for the full grin effect. 

By Befbever on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 12:14 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

I think you owe all us Falconeers a chance to run in your Supermono for you.
It's the least we can do.

By Befbever on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 12:17 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

HANSIE! Your silence is conspicuous. You can ride with your TNT system there you know...

Come on, boys, tell the Flying Dutchman he has to come too!  

By J1rsv on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 02:40 pm:  View J1rsv's Profile Search for other posts by J1rsv Edit this post

Quote:

a right hander called 'druids'which is simply awesome. Not if you get it wrong tho!

Been there and got it wrong!!!!! Came in too fast...bottled it...hit the brakes...locked the back wheel...missed the turn in point...off the track...remembering not to touch the front brake while on the green stuff!!! (big plus)...negotiated bales...stopped short of the gravel trap...change of underware!!! Marshal sniggering into his intercom...
When you get it right though, what a buzz!!!  

By Hansie on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 12:08 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Diffecult for me to get the date , I'm selling the house and the packing and moving part is arround that date. Will try to be there but know it only a few weeks before.

If we set a permanent date its less diffecult for me!

Hansie 

By Befbever on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 12:15 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

A set date would be easier for me too. I'll bring the borrelnootjes.
Insider's joke alert!

Falcorob, you started this, you set the date!

Btw, I prefer Cadwell. 

By Falcorob on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 12:46 am:  View Falcorob's Profile Search for other posts by Falcorob Edit this post

Waiting for confirmation of dates and costs from 100%, Tracktime, and Trackleisure as none of the above have fixed next years schedules yet apparently. Have asked for Oulton as I know the circuit well (PSone - TOCA)

Will post info as soon as I get the replies.

'We should be able to confirm dates about the 16th of December

Kind regards

Phil Darbyshire

www.tracktimepromotions.co.uk'

is the first (and only) reply I've had.

Sorry for the delay.

So far, and I may have miscounted, there are 19 of us expressing an interest, although some are definite maybe's due to possible date clashes. We should be able to get a considerable discount if we block book with those kind of numbers. This doesn't include friends who may be interested in joining us for a day out. Has anyone seen that many Aprilias in one place at the same time before? Have Aprilia seen that many....

As soon as I get further info I'll post.

Rob. 

By Crmc33 on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 01:02 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I best start my diet again now 

By Nickp on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 01:52 am:  View Nickp's Profile Search for other posts by Nickp Edit this post

I'll probably have a bash at this n'all.  

By Befbever on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 01:58 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

Has anyone seen that many Aprilias in one place at the same time before?

Yes, we have, in April at Rockingham.

Quote:

I best start my diet again now

I've started already! This time, I've started earlier so I can be fitter (ie faster) than last time. I may even have enough room in my leathers to wear my back protector this time.
Thanks for letting me use yours, Mental_Trev. But there wasn't any room left to begin with.

Alea iacta est. Not only do I want to keep up with BenW next time we duel, but now there's Crmc33 to face as well! And I do mean that literally!
Where's me tyre warmers?

Rob, I know Oulton from TOCA as well - hence my reluctance to go there.  

By Crmc33 on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 02:43 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

...You think Oulton's bad!...TOCA dont do Cadwell, cos its so difficult even the program crashes

In true 'Club racer' stlye, I will make sure I have very poor tyres, or an intermittent mis-fire, or gear selection problems on the day so I have a good excuse for being slow or falling off 

By Befbever on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 02:59 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

I've got the best excuse for being slow: I'll be on a Mille!

FRIDAY! 

By Crmc33 on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 03:49 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Oh dear! At least its Monday in a coupla days time. 

By Mr_Venjer on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 04:01 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Right, I am in intensive training for this one - Mille bashers beware. I may have to adopt foul means too

I am still confident even after my off at Donnington. I just want to see an improvement in my cornering. It feels good on the road so I reckon I might suprise myself on the track. I am definately the fastest here in a straight line . I can twist that throttle harder and faster than all of yous plus my throttle twists further without the bar weights on !

Mr Monster Venjer 

By Crmc33 on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 04:08 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Its a bit of a pity that Cadwell has no straight lines then isnt it, Mr V! 

By Benw on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 04:33 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Start/finish "straight"?
Park "straight"?

Hmm...

B 

By Crmc33 on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 05:46 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

they arent straight lines tho

sort of bendy and twirly 

By Mr_Venjer on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 06:38 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Ho hum ! Cadwell is it now ?! I'll bring extra strong pants with me then

I liked Cadwell actually. Got my lap times down by nearly 20 secs from my first few session lap times. Lots of places to overtake people who kack it a bit early - just go flying past and get the fortune and glory afterwards. I admit to being held up by a bandana wearing XJ1300 riding dude the first 2 sessions.

Wherever you guys decide on I'll be there. I'll be in the inters but If I prove to be too fast I'll go up to the fast group and try to hold bef and Ben and everyone else up ! Stay in front ? Hell no ! No my brief will be not get lapped twice by the quickies

I cannae wait.

Kevin 

By Crmc33 on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 06:58 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

whoever has the farthest to travel gets to decide which circuit we go to.

Yours in Sport,
Norma Snipples

Outer Mongolia 

By Befbever on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 08:18 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

whoever has the farthest to travel gets to decide which circuit we go to

Right, Cadwell it is then.

I found a video of 1987 depicting strange-looking people riding odd-looking bikes like the '87 GSX-R and the Gauloise-stickered TZR cup. Names like Phil Mellor, Ray Stringer, etc.
Must admit it looks scary in places, imagine what it'll be like at the speeds I'll be doing!

But perhaps the circuit's changed since then?
Has it?
Where's 'druid's' ? 

By Daz on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 08:58 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

E R 'liz...

http://www.biketrackdays.co.uk/circuits/cadwell_park.html  

By Daz on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 09:00 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

or

http://www.biketrackdays.co.uk/circuits/oulton_park.html  

By Prilliant on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 09:43 am:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

You can definitely count me in too. Had the chance to ride Cadwell in October. Crikey!! that place is scary. Hopefully my mate Mark (SCOTTYNI) will also be Falco-mounted and coming with me.

Can you imagine the noise of 20 Falcos / Milles on the track at one time. BRING IT ON 

By Befbever on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 12:11 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Thanks, Dazzaire!

A big difference from last time is that a lot of you hooligans have been there before and I haven't!
I'll be in whatever group Mr_Venjer's in then. I'd like to see for myself if all his track days have made him any faster.
Me: 1 track day in the last ten years. Tho I'm hoping to wizz around Franchorchamps before Cadwell.

And ladies, let's hope Mental Trev can make it this time, shall we?  

By Falcokev on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 02:32 am:  View Falcokev's Profile Search for other posts by Falcokev Edit this post

Hi Guys

Count me in if you'll have me.

I'm not a virgin (done about 10 in the last 2 years) but I'm no racer either. I just pootle along at my own pace enjoying myself. Probably "intermediate" material.

I've done Oulton twice and it is an awesome track (just make sure you're turning left BEFORE you crest Clay Hill - you'll know why when you get there ).

I haven't done Cadwell but to be honest I'd be up for it at any track, just to be part of such a large Falco party.

I've go a mate with a Firestorm who's interested too - I think he's got a thing about Falco rears Can he come ? 

By Mr_Venjer on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 06:59 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

I will start the day nice and easy as my bike is my transport to and from work too. Hopefully I will get brave quickly and really push the blighter. I do hope I am quick enough to give you fast boys on Falcos a little tiny weeny insy wincey bit of a run for your money - it will be more fun. I didn't have my 16T sprocket on when I did Cadwell last so I think I will benefit more this time.

I will have my camera mounted to the front and will be happy to run off copies of the day for anyone that wants it. Lets hope you are all behind me though

I was lapping Donnington 10 - 15 secs slower than the fast group Bef - but that was Donnington NOT CADWELL !! I'll bring a spare pack of Pampers for anyone who, like me, thinks they will shit in their breaches !!

/clipart{looroll}
/clipart{what have I let myself in for mummy ?}

Kevin 

By John1000 on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 10:39 am:  View John1000's Profile Search for other posts by John1000 Edit this post

For what started out as a virgins day out it sure seems that a few old scrubbers are trying to crash the party. 

By Befbever on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 01:24 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Hear hear! Shame on you old scrubbers!
Shit, there's someone behind it already
Mr.Kev, I'll see your Pampers and raise you a

By Falcokev on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 01:29 pm:  View Falcokev's Profile Search for other posts by Falcokev Edit this post

John 1000

How did you know I was old (its obvious I'm a scrubber)

So can I come or not ? 

By Mr_Venjer on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 03:46 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Bef, I'll see your loo roll and raise you a Power Rangers (TM) potty, Postman Pat (TM)training underwear and 2 Huggies nappies with those wipes which keep my skin and, bottom in particular, ever so soft !

Mr Venjer 

By Hansie on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 04:25 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Looks like this is gonna be the Ridersite meeting of the year , dont want to mis this!

Hansie
3 trackdays at Assen
1 day at Zandvoort  

By Dave on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 05:08 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Yes Falcokev, if you think you can cope with this bunch of obvious nutters then yes, most welcome.

Not too sure about Fartstorms tho, your riding that bad you need to bring someone along to make you look good?

By Falcorob on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 08:30 am:  View Falcorob's Profile Search for other posts by Falcorob Edit this post

So it's Cadwell then is it? Mmmmm. Gonna have to rethink the strategy with she who must be obeyed now. Thought it was just gonna be a day out with the lads to Oulton, didn't figure I'd be stopping out for the night too. And drinking. And enjoying myself. Am I in the shit now?

Are we set for May? 100% will be sending me their calendar of events as soon as it's ready so as soon as I get it I'll post it on here and we can decide which date.

Now then, if we are doing Cadwell in May, who's up for Oulton in July? And I promise not to wobble too much second time out. Well not as much. Oh, Ok, I'll come on a pushbike - mind I'll probably be quicker on one of those things. Trackday on a pushbike? Can you put race cans on them things? Do Michelin do slicks for 'em? Wonder if Gilles have any rearsets......

Rob  

By Falco9 on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 09:29 am:  View Falco9's Profile Search for other posts by Falco9 Edit this post

This Cadwell day is starting to look like a great day out, and if she who must obeyed is in a good mood I'd like to join you all, however one little word of warning, Linconshire is the worst place on the planet for speed cameras and un-marked vans in lay-byes etc.., which ever route you take to Cadwell they will be watching you, 3 mates all got nicked by an un-marked van parked up, and the magistrates are just as bad, don't expect to be let off lightly. Fatal accidents are going up all the time in Lincolnshire and they want to stamp it out and get lots of your money in their pocket, I wonder which is the REAL priority?  

By Dave on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 12:41 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Falcorob, my vote gets Cadwell tho Oulton sounds like a worthy later event

Scary thought - 2nd time at Cadwell puts me in the inters! 1st time there fell off grassing it in 1st session , got back on after lunch for 3 more but cracked bone in right thumb - forgotten while hauling it down on the track, v painfull when pulling into pitts

Anyone who hasn't had the front up - Cadwells yer man - the Mountain is 'The Place' to get er hairborne whether you want to or not - even me, dedicated to two wheels firmely planted - ad er up
Sit on the small stand overlooking the Mountain, chill, enjoy the showmanship, and wait for a flip

Best way to approach a trackday - short trip in the morning plus a hangover induced mental fuzz

By Befbever on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 01:00 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Meanwhile, I think I've found a new vocation:
Minimoto Supermotard!
Very very funny to watch, let alone compete in it.

Btw, Dave, it was bloody cold and windy but the top names were there and they're awesome to watch!
They were like an Ultra-fast group, combined with a stunt team doing wheelies and stoppies and...
Well it looked easy, which means it isn't.

By Benw on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 01:52 pm:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Hmm,

a evening at Cadwell before the day sounds just the tonic to me! I'm up for this.

Are you going to be there then Bef? Fancy staying over the night before the night before?

What's the date then chaps?  

By Gtfalco on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 03:32 pm:  View Gtfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Gtfalco Edit this post

well I wanted to finally get my arse onto a track and now it looks like I,ll be doing two cause I,d like to do Oulton as well.Just hope I can stay upright 

By Falcorob on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 05:02 am:  View Falcorob's Profile Search for other posts by Falcorob Edit this post

Anyone local to Cadwell who could recommend places to stay etc?

Rob  

By Molan on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 07:22 am:  View Molan's Profile Search for other posts by Molan Edit this post

Oh OK then - put me on the list

I've always thought of myself as an everyday commuter more than a track day rider but this is probably down to naked fear of looking a prat as some git on an RS125 screams past me on the inside on a tight bend

Sounds like your day would be fun though & might not have loads of crazed race demons blasting me off the track

I'm based in Henley on Thames so would also probably go for an overnight stay if there's something easy to arrange. 

By Crmc33 on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 09:30 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Quote:

Sounds like your day would be fun though & might not have loads of crazed race demons blasting me off the track

Im not interested then! 

By Mr_Venjer on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 09:38 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Guys, please tell me this is a weekend job !!!!??

Kevin  

By Thumpermanuk on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 10:29 am:  View Thumpermanuk's Profile Search for other posts by Thumpermanuk Edit this post

Sounds a right buzz, count me in too! Afriend of mine also with a VTR seems interested as well.
How many is that so far?  

By Befbever on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 11:30 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Ben, IF I can make it (a lot can happen in six months) then I would appreciate a bed for sure! Thanks in advance!

What's with all these VTR's? Tell them they still have time to buy a Falco.

Mine's for sale in a couple of months... 

By Prilliant on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 02:14 pm:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

This is sounding better and better. Maybe those of us travelling from far afield should look into booking into a local hotel. A Cadwell track day followed by a piss up with with a load of fellow Falconeers sounds like my kind of weekend break.  

By Mr_Venjer on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 06:02 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Erm hum Prilliant ! Some of us do NOT own Falcos. I for one do not want to be tarnished with that brush

What your sentence should have read was ".... followed by a piss up with a load of fellow Falconeers and some smashing RSV/R top blokes, the kind of blokes that are the envy of bikers ..." if you get my drift .

Bring it on, I'm gonna whip out my video and see where I was super shite and take mental notes of poor cornering and missing apexes. Am I hanging myself out to dry with these statements boys ? I am actually getting butterflies thinking about it now.

Mr Venjer 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 07:11 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Dont get nervous Mr. V, If I bring the supermono everyone will be sliding into the hay on my oil slick!

Big Singles run total loss lubrication you know...it all ends up on the track

No fancy engineering on this bike just good old, cast iron cylinders, papermache tank and bakelite tyres! 

By Hammertime on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 11:46 am:  View Hammertime's Profile Search for other posts by Hammertime Edit this post

I've never done a track day. I'm not even sure I really want to. I'll be absolutely pants at cornering and my standard RSV (bar end can) terrifies me on the straights as it is...

But count me IN. If it all goes wrong, there's no better way to 'stove' your bike.  

By Prilliant on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 10:07 am:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

Apologies Mr V. Milles welcome of course.

Seriously, we should organise a nights accomodation somewhere local so we can get pissed and laugh at how crap we all are (or aren't, as the case may be)  

By Hammertime on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 11:10 am:  View Hammertime's Profile Search for other posts by Hammertime Edit this post

I'm up for that.  

By Dave on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 12:40 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Prilliant, some of us are looking at stopping the night before but your on about the night after too? So a trackday with a pissup on either side!

By Prilliant on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 11:09 am:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

Dunno if I would want to tackle Cadwell after a night on the sauce. I'm getting too old for that kind of caper. Mind you, it does sound like a really good idea. Is there anyone local who can suggest a local-ish hotel that would do the trick? I would hate to ride that far (and pay for a ferry crossing) without making a party of the trip.  

By Dave on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 02:09 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Here's loads a hotels in Louth, 5 miles up the road. Once we have a date I suggest a short-list within staggering range of each other. 

By Dave on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 09:21 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

100pc, Cadwell 8th & 9th March, Sat & Sun, £110 a day - too early I guess? Oops, no novice groups on these days!

They have an unconfirmed Sunday on the 1st June and also 21st & 22nd May, Wed & Thur. As soon as they get solid confirmation from the tracks they post them on the site, so better keep checking. 

By Befbever on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 11:49 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Too early for me, Dave. Changing bikes March 1st, run bike in (two, three days ), then visit Renegade so they can put some zorsts on my Pan
Burgman
BMW
Ducati
SV

...er, whatever.  

By Crmc33 on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 02:17 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Ah so I was right, youre going for the Puch Maxi! 

By Befbever on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 06:15 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

What can I say? With handlebars and an image like that, what else can I do?  

By Crmc33 on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 07:34 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

You cant fool me, I saw you at the Puch Maxi Lovers Rally talking about your latest project.

The Maxi R with the OZ wheels and big bore spanny
Beffys black bike

Top speed = Venjer Mille +5

By Befbever on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 08:13 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Where are the pushbike pedals?  

By Racerxlilbro on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 08:31 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Venjer Mille= ROFLMAO!

Vmax=80 Kilometers per hour... 

By Tokas on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 06:21 am:  View Tokas's Profile Search for other posts by Tokas Edit this post

I would really love to join you all at Cadwell Park, especially since it feels like I know several of you from this forum!
I'm still a trackday virgin but I've been wanting to go to a trackday for a quite a while, so this sounds perfect!

The problem is it's quite a hassle to get there since I live in Sweden... Just the ferry takes 23 hours, -one way! What are the chanse of good weather / risk of rain? Is it as rainy as I fear? May vs. June?

If I decide to come do anyone of you have suggestions for a vacation trip (3-7 days)? Or would like to join me full way or partly? For example Newcastle-Cadwell Park-Carlisle-Edingburgh-Newcastle (or vice-versa). Suggestions for entertaining motorcycle roads are appreciated!

Are there any website with maps and/or sights and/or travel planner/distance calculator?
Multimap is the best mapsite I found so far; Cadwell Park:
MAP: http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=529000&Y=381000&scale=25000&coordsys=gb
PHOTO: http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?x=529000&y=380800&scale=10000 

By Benw on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 06:37 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Tokas,

Try www.shellgeostar.co.uk for a decent route planner that gives you times and distances, there may even be a swedish version (there's definitely a Dutch version shellgeostar.nl).

B  

By Tokas on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 06:32 pm:  View Tokas's Profile Search for other posts by Tokas Edit this post

Thanks Ben! It works fine, and it's in swedish as well.
Main web site: www.shellgeostar.com 

By Befbever on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 08:52 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Jeez Tokas, you are one mad biker! All the way to Blighty eh?

We had perfect weather in April.
And again when I went to Renegade a while later.
I dunno why these Brits are always complaining about the weather.

By Dave on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 10:13 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Doh! you've done it now Bef - guaranteed rain

We often get a good spell in May and then back to normal for June ie occasional peeks of sunshine from behind the clouds. And April will be wet - no question!

Hope you make it Tokas - you can say hello to Beffy The Jinkser, who's obviously going to be there too... 

By Befbever on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 12:20 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Oi, Dave, I mentioned umbrella's before Rocky and the weather turned out to be beautiful, so it's not Beffy The Jinkser but

Beffy The Enforcer

Oh btw, does 'we' mean you Southeners?  

By Tokas on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 09:06 am:  View Tokas's Profile Search for other posts by Tokas Edit this post

I will definetly try to make it! It would be a nice occassion to loose my trackday virginity...

If I book early I get the ferry for half the price, i.e. ca 100 Euro. Here from you all later!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation