Crack in top fairing

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Crack in top fairing
By Bonerp on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 02:07 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

Theres this hairline crack and Motorcycle Shitty agreed to replace under warranty. This was months ago and still heard nothing.

What can I do? Is it worth ringing Aprilia UK, or are they still jokers when it comes to warranty claims?

Getting really pissed off with Aprilias attitude towards warranty issues...... 

By Scotty on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 03:13 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

M8... believe me you are not the only one pissed off with useless warranty crap...

Well chances are that MCity agreed to it (wrongly before finding out for sure from Aprilia) but Aprilia rejected it when they contacted them.. assuming that they did actually ever reply to Mcity...

Funny but I'm still waiting for a warranty claim (read refund) to be approved for my 2nd replacement clutch cylinder... I've given up now... 

By Bonerp on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 04:05 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

City did agree to it before Aprilia declined! Thats their problem now!

However why the hell should Aprilia refuse a problem? Its been like it since new!

Seriously thinking about moving away from Aprilia. The new Benelli looks the dogs!  

By Scottyni on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 04:36 pm:  View Scottyni's Profile Search for other posts by Scottyni Edit this post

Lo guys, i'm looking to purchase a FALCO next year and was worried about the aftersales. On apriliatester site left email regading this and reply was speedy with contact for the customer service manager a MR RICHARD ANDERSON. He was aware that owners feel let down by aprilia but he assured me that was a thing of the past. He even went as far as saying if there is a problem then ring aprilia before i went, speak to him and once at dealer get them to ring also. They will sort out if warranty claim over the phone with the dealer. Parts from factory direct so all should be in stock. I got the impression that he took my points with interest and was also made aware of this site.
Good luck with claims and happy FALCONEERING!!!!  

By John1000 on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 12:38 am:  View John1000's Profile Search for other posts by John1000 Edit this post

Your wasting your time with M-Shity chances are that the branch you are dealing with is not a official dealer. Try taking it to another shop that are you can get the addresses off the Aprilia site, I gave Aprilia in Italy a call and was told that the main problem with warranty claims is that many shops give the impression they are official but are not so when they have problems they have to go through third parties to access the warranty web site.By the way which branch did you by it from.  

By Bonerp on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 12:44 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

Just done the same so I'll wait and see if I get a response!

Funny cos I remember being told warranty issues were a thing of the past this time last year when I needed a new shock for my old RSV!

Thanks Scottyni.  

By Bonerp on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 12:46 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

John1000,
Reading Branch.

To be fair they raise it with Aprilia and Aprilia declined the claim. Well, sorry but don;t agree with that. Its not my concern who pays for it, but why should City fork out for the new part?  

By Andyjfalco on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 01:47 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Surley if it was like it from new, then Mcity are at fault for selling defective parts. They should replace the part at theirkexpence and try to get a refund from Aprilia. It isn't down to the consumer to be out of pocket, ask at Citizens advice.
Andy.

By Andyjfalco on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 01:47 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Surley if it was like it from new, then Mcity are at fault for selling defective parts. They should replace the part at their expence and try to get a refund from Aprilia. It isn't down to the consumer to be out of pocket, ask at Citizens advice.
Andy.

By Andyjfalco on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 01:48 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Surley if it was like it from new, then Mcity are at fault for selling defective parts. They should replace the part at their expence and try to get a refund from Aprilia. It isn't down to the consumer to be out of pocket, ask at Citizens advice.
Andy.

By Andyjfalco on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 01:49 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Oops!  

By Aviator� on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 06:24 pm:  View Aviator�'s Profile Search for other posts by Aviator� Edit this post

the upper new is less than 300 USD if I remember, they should have no problems forking that out to keep a good customer.  

By Bonerp on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 03:00 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

Tis OK as contacted Aprilia via the tester site as suggested by Scottyni, had response in 2 hours from Aprilia directly saying the claim has been approved and the part has been specially ordered and will be with me shortly.

MAJOR result! Looks like they are sorting their problems out!

Maybe I'll hang around for the new RSVR

Cheers Scottyni 

By Aviator� on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 11:43 pm:  View Aviator�'s Profile Search for other posts by Aviator� Edit this post

damn, I keep meaning to register over there but I don't have the VIN written down from the bike and keep forgetting to grab it  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation