Krug/Kriega Bag? Anyone? Anyone?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Krug/Kriega Bag? Anyone? Anyone?
By Spoof on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 08:36 pm:  View Spoof's Profile Search for other posts by Spoof Edit this post

Hey all you fellow, foolish falconeers,

Does anyone sport one of them fancy Kriega 35 litre backpacks on your Falco and, if so, does it rub against the tailsection or does it sit high enough on your back as to avoid all that? Thanks so much as usual you gentlemen of motorcycling.  

By Richandall on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 08:13 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Don't think anyone here wears one when riding. I use Aprilia panniers and forget about them, until I arrive. Sorry.

- Rich  

By Rca on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 03:38 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

I've got one, used it on a 300 mile trip to wales and back on the RSV. Very comfortable, you can adjust the height and it didn't rub on the tail section of the RSV, but then it has a more lean forward riding position. If your concerned about bodywork damage try sticking some Frisk film or equivalent on the bodywork (it's a low tack film artists use for masking when airbrushing).  

By Spoof on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 06:15 pm:  View Spoof's Profile Search for other posts by Spoof Edit this post

Thanks RSV,

I knew somebody had to have one out there, what with all the british magazines raving about them all the time.

Did it rub when doing the old, one-hand-on-the-gas-stretch or the no-hand-shake-out?

Thanks again,

El Spoofo  

By Rca on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 02:22 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

One hand on the gas stretch... No.
No hand shake out... Yes.  

By Zazutata on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 01:47 pm:  View Zazutata's Profile Search for other posts by Zazutata Edit this post

I have the 25 litre one - did 800 miles in France in the Summer - one of the best pieces of kit I've ever owned. Only thing is, my friends all took the piss as they look a bit like a parachute harness . Still, I had the last laugh as I was so comfy...

Mike 

By Djrae on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 06:08 am:  View Djrae's Profile Search for other posts by Djrae Edit this post

I also have the 25l one. Top quality comfy it doesnt move and tried to 200km/hr.  

By Spoof on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 07:12 am:  View Spoof's Profile Search for other posts by Spoof Edit this post

Thanks guys,

My tiny U.S. brain is having difficulty judging the difference between 25 and 35 litres. I gather that the 35 can be compressed pretty well, and I really like the fact that it has a pocket on front, as my leathers have no pocket whatsoever. But I've heard the 25 is just more practical...

what say you?  

By Rca on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 07:35 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

On the R35 the chest pockets are very small and thin, for small items like cash, credit cards etc. Although, I have also carried a mobile phone (cell phone) in there on occasion. If you want more carrying capacity on your chest they also now offer small pouches that can be attached to the R25 and R35 (You'll have to call Kriega to ask about them as they don't appear on their web-site).  

By Spoof on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 07:20 pm:  View Spoof's Profile Search for other posts by Spoof Edit this post

I spoke with Kriega on the phone this morning and they said their new website goes live tonight with all their options and products. I only need a small pocket for cash, cards, etc. but I wouldn't mind sticking my phone there as well. Sounds like I'll be going with the R25 and an optional pocket. But fecking hell, 25 pounds to ship to the U.S. That hurts. Thanks for the tips, as usual, all.  

By Rca on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 03:32 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

...25 pounds to ship to the U.S. That hurts...

We're just getting our own back for the extortionate prices charged by US carriers to ship stuff to the UK.  

By Djrae on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 12:34 pm:  View Djrae's Profile Search for other posts by Djrae Edit this post

the 25l is the dogs, can be compressed but I would advise getting the waterproof inner bag as well for delicate items. I think it was only £6 extra.

One thing I will say is that the time quoted for delivery was spot on. very helpful on the phone as well.  

By Spoof on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 08:43 pm:  View Spoof's Profile Search for other posts by Spoof Edit this post

thanks for the info, all. I'm all ordered up on the R25, with waterproof inner liner and a removable front pocket. I'll let you know when I've got it. Christmas present to self and all.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation