New review "FAST BIKES"

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: New review "FAST BIKES"
By Scottyni on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 02:58 pm:  View Scottyni's Profile Search for other posts by Scottyni Edit this post

Well gents about time someone did a proper review of the falco. Now someone has FAST BIKES against VFR800, VTR1000 AND SPRINT ST. Best handling but least comfortable!!!, anyway the quotes as follows--
"NO QUESTION...THE FALCO WILL LEAVE THE OTHER THREE BEHIND" + "WHOLE TIME I RODE THE FALCO I HAD AN ENORMOUS GRIN PLASTERED ACROSS MY MUG".
Couple of points like comfort!, ride position!, lower fairing! to pick up but it's all personal factors as opposed to manufacture factors. All in all a very excellent review and for sure a FALCO coming my way in the new year.
Reactions??? 

By Dave on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 03:22 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

By Mikeo on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 12:06 pm:  View Mikeo's Profile Search for other posts by Mikeo Edit this post

Certainly a better write up than that in Bike magazine last month, but can't say I'm impressed with the rest of the mag. Seems to be written with a target audience of 16 year olds with dicks for brains! Mind you, they said that if it was only down to cost then the Firestorm would win; yet the Falco is CHEAPER than the VTR!? These journalists are a strange bunch......  

By Falcorob on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 12:42 pm:  View Falcorob's Profile Search for other posts by Falcorob Edit this post

Yeah, but have you seen how cheaply you can buy a Firestorm? Even Falcos can only be picked up for £5695! That's only £300 LESS than I paid 5 months ago. LESS fer chrissakes.

Rob.  

By Redhawk on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 08:58 am:  View Redhawk's Profile Search for other posts by Redhawk Edit this post

journalist reviews are worthless once a rider has experienced the subject matter first hand (or should i say "wrist"). i first saw a falco...i then found a falco dealer and performed a road test...loved it...bought it.... 

By Richandall on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 04:16 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Agree with that

Every time I get back on, I remember why I bought it.

Mind you, I didn't have a licence when I bought it

But then the bike appeals to the irrational side of...just about everybody.

Except journos

By Dave on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 04:32 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

I have to admit, read a test, read a few more tests, then having seen a black one in the flesh, ordered a red un(no particular slur on blackuns, just wanted a fastun). So no road test for me, I guess you could say I went by what the Journo's said

In my defence I did find 4 different tests within a week or two, Jan 2000 there wasn't exactly a surplus of demo bikes, and anyway, my dream bike was (and is still something I may one day get) the Laverda Jota, so how wrong could I go with the Falco?

As they say tho, all's well that ends well, and I still love the beast 3 years later!  

By Mr_Venjer on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 05:59 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Well the first bike I ever liked purely from the pictures in magazines was the RSV. I went to my local bike shop - a mate worked there - and saw it and sat on it and wanted it. I hadn't passed my test though.

Couldn't get insured so I bought a ZX6R as soon as I passed my test. Waited patiently for 2 years, 1 nicked bike and one written off bike later I bought my first RSV. I'm still in love. I have never test ridden a bike.

Kevin  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation