Falco servicing.

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Falco servicing.
By Tinkytot on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 06:02 am:  View Tinkytot's Profile Search for other posts by Tinkytot Edit this post

Now then,
I suppose I should let you all know I was well happy with the work done on my bike by the Rene crew (Jorge and Paul), cheers boys.

I got all sorts of stuff done, just generally got the bike back to tip top condition after 2500mls of abuse it had just recieved.

I got some exhaust quieteners fitted, these might take 10% off peak power but the bikes still plenty quick and I can soon take em out for summer/trackday.

While I have your attention. I have noticed that when I go down to first from either 2nd or neutral, the gear lever buzzes.
Has anyone else had this???

Kev, I hit over 150 on the way home and when I looked back you were still quite close behind, you must have been doing more than 142??? And my speedo is bang on, 161 on the dyno and this is what my vmax read.
If any feds are reading this, I tend to lie a lot and the above is not true.

Oh and my horsepower was 112 rear wheel (without the power reducers)  

By Befbever on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 06:33 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

The gear lever buzzes eh?
After talking to Jorge, my ears buzz for the next half hour or so.
The doc says I don't need help, he does.

Hope this helps.

Liz. 

By Tinkytot on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 08:38 am:  View Tinkytot's Profile Search for other posts by Tinkytot Edit this post

Bef, my ears were not buzzing but I had a bit of a headache, but that might have been because I was standing right outside the dyno room while Paul was thrashing the nuts off my bike.  

By Dave on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 08:41 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Ah! You softy's! your supposed to be IN the dyno room for max effect!

btw, no buzzing. 

By Hansie on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 10:59 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Hmm dB killers.
Maybe I gonna need them next year at Assen.

How is it fitted and do you have a picture?

Does Zolder has a dB limit??

Hansie 

By Befbever on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 11:49 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

Does Zolder has a dB limit??

Are you kidding me? Mile Pajic's double silencers are used by a lot of contestants in Zolder. Not even normal racebikes are allowed without these Laser dB slayers or something similar.

By Tinkytot on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 02:51 am:  View Tinkytot's Profile Search for other posts by Tinkytot Edit this post

Hansie, I'll post a photy but rest assured they look ok, considering. But then no-one ever said they would be sexy.

Make a difference to the riding experience though, I got really sick of having a bike so loud and this is a real treat. I can open the throttle without startling about 200 people as I trundle past Colliers Wood tube station.

Only from the back do they look a bit odd, the rene's still look ace from every other angle.

Post the photy's soon.  

By Mr_Venjer on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 05:54 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Rob, I got 153 or something, too scared too look down. The black double bubble does not help in the dark - nor does the tinted visor

Are you saying you did 160mph ? Blimey !

To five - 0 (feds) if you are reading this whilst on the look out for Al-Queda. I like to tell porkies as well and look hard with tales of bike misdemeanors so please ignore these untruths.

Kevin 

By Tinkytot on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 06:35 am:  View Tinkytot's Profile Search for other posts by Tinkytot Edit this post

Oooooo no, I'd need a good long road to hit 160, especially with my michelin man suit and rucksack trailing in the wind.

I saw 153 before shutting off, same as you, so it's fair to say the DB killers have not affected performance too much.

- rob.

Are you not being a bit fashion before function with your black screen, c'mon mate, having a clear screen is hardly gonna make your bike look dog ugly.  

By Iedoubleyou on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 03:57 am:  View Iedoubleyou's Profile Search for other posts by Iedoubleyou Edit this post

Quote:

the work done on my bike by the Rene crew (Jorge and Paul)

Quote:

I got some exhaust quieteners fitted, these might take 10% off peak power

What happened to the powermeister , has he gone mad.  

By Tinkytot on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 06:05 am:  View Tinkytot's Profile Search for other posts by Tinkytot Edit this post

He was'nt too happy about selling them to me.  

By Dave on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 07:30 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

tho he thinks Scotty needs a pair  

By Powermaster on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 09:15 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Got to keep the reputation for bellow stock power
Scott who? Oh the guy in the mini skirt  

By Mr_Venjer on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 10:26 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Rob, how comes your bike is so fast then ? If you lost 10% power plus had your michelin suit on how comes you hit 153 mph ? I smell a rat !

Kevin

Powermaster - what exactly did you do to his bike ? 

By Scotty on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 10:36 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Think Dave might be refering to the fact that Jorge has attempted to sell me his DB Killers on a number of occasions... obviously coupled with a set of his cans Cos I run in 'stealth mode' so as not to attract unwanted attention...

Jorge don't get your last comment.. which of course comes as no suprise..  

By Dave on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 10:53 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Kevin, Jorge didn't need to do anything - listen closely -

IT'S A FALCO

Got it yet?  

By Dave on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 10:57 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Scotty, I thing J's confusing your nickname with a certain 'dolly bloke' he's got lined up for the Ally Pally show - talking of which, how are me roller-skates comming on Jorge  

By Tinkytot on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 01:50 am:  View Tinkytot's Profile Search for other posts by Tinkytot Edit this post

nitrous oxide, you should see the results when I hit the 'full power' button.

30th Silverstone, I might just ring for places and see, I'll post in a tick.  

By Powermaster on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 02:38 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

"I thing J's confusing your nickname with a certain 'dolly bloke' he's got lined up for the Ally Pally show"

You are very correct,Dave. Tomo just told me that the dolly bird was Z something, however I am sure that Scotty would look better in it.

Venjer did anything? you forget that Tinky did not want anymore power. Not even after seeing the hairkit power increse  

By Dave on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 03:19 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

'Z something' - you mean as in Zelda? Jorge, we're already 'bewitched', you don't need to employ any supernatural help  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation