NEC Bike Show

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: NEC Bike Show
By Benw on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 12:22 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

I was at the NEC yesterday for the Bike Show and can confirm that the Falco is still on the books for next year at least.

Moto Guzzi are definetly producing their new sportster - the best looking bike at the show bar none (in my opinion...). Price for the SP about £12K while the Biposto will come in at around £10K. Out of my price league but a beautiful bike none the less.

The Tuono is a nice looking bike and feels silly small with those bars on it. I wouldn't mind getting a go on one next year.

Kawasaki's Z1000 is a great bike. Looks and feels tiny for a 1000cc machine. I reckon it'll be great for wheelies with its riding position.

That's about all that took my eye really. The new Trumpet 600 is alright but still looks slightly out of date. It's just about caught up with last year's bikes...

B  

By Scotty on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 05:18 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

I went to the show yesterday.... it was busy for a normal work day.

Most impressed with the race machinery on display..
I took lots of photos.. posted my two of the SV1000 on that thread..

V dissapointed in Honda... they brought only two of the new CBR600RR bikes (looks v nice)... one sat next to Rossi's RCV211 V5 behind a barrier and the other on a raised section which someone had to control access to.. there was a v large queue.

One small thing that I did notice was that the Falco (2001 yellow) on display along with the other model all had slightly differently designed foot pegs to mine.. this is the first time I'd noticed this. The pegs have extra front edge raised grip along with a raised section at the end of the peg which would I believe would make a world of difference esp in the wet. My left hand peg has worn down at the top edge of the raised triangles so it offers little grip in the wet.
Comments anyone?  

By Mr_Venjer on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 05:36 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Get a RSV

Venjer - aaaaaah ! 

By Scotty on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 05:44 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Kev... NO!

I actually mean't comments about the footpegs please... 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation