A replacment screen at last!

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: A replacment screen at last!
By Andyjfalco on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 04:16 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Check out rsvr.net. Mine's on it's way
Sorry if you know about it, I've just beenktold
Andy.

By Andyjfalco on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 04:18 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

And I carn't spell  

By Kbomonfalco on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 05:51 pm:  View Kbomonfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Kbomonfalco Edit this post

Hey Andy,
You must let us know if there's a difference. Being 6'2", the wind hits just under the helmet. I've gotten used to it. Plus I bought the Aprilia tinted version just a couple of months ago. Figures someone would finally get around to our bike. Please give us the whole low down. IE: quality, ease of install, and pictures .
I'm not asking for too much I hope
Kevin 

By Dave on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 07:27 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

photos please  

By Dean0612 on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 02:46 am:  View Dean0612's Profile Search for other posts by Dean0612 Edit this post

Any news on this? Being another 'person of height' (6' 3") I'd welcome a new screen. I've seen the picture on the RSVR site but it doesn't look all that different to the standard item.

Cheers.  

By Andyjfalco on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 03:33 am:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Well surprise surprise! I got an e-mail from RSVR saying " Due to the NEC bike show your order will be delayed by about 3 weeks, sorry...etc"
I even got a camera just for you boys(and girls?) but you'll have to wait, sorry.
Andy.

By Andyjfalco on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 04:44 am:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

I went to the NEC on saturday and at the RSVR site there was a Falco complete with the screen I ordered. Don't like that! I think it was designed for racing as it's very steep. Thing is, I fitted a screen to my old ZX6 that was very simmilar and it looked poo. So, order canceled. No screen. Again.
Did get an iridium visor though £60 (Arai signet) and some Wiz knee sliders £30 (as if I'll need them)
Andy.

By Dean0612 on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 08:04 am:  View Dean0612's Profile Search for other posts by Dean0612 Edit this post

Yeah, I saw the Falco at the NEC (rsvr.net stand) and wasn't overly impressed. The bubble seems much more pronounced than I thought it would be but I may still go for it simply because of my height. Chap on the stand said he hadn't ridden very far with the new screen so couldn't really say how much more wind it deflected but considering he's not a lanky get like me it's probably as good as a Goldwing fairing for him.

Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy one anyway...  

By Holch on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 08:50 am:  View Holch's Profile Search for other posts by Holch Edit this post

hi Dean,
did you get the double-bubble? would be nice to post your first impressions and some pics (side, total etc) cos the only one on rsvr.net is not very informative. would be a nice info for a german falconeer, cos these guys from rsvr seem to be unable to do this

cheers-h. 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation