Falco Fazed out???

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Falco Fazed out???
By Sffalco on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 06:56 pm:  View Sffalco's Profile Search for other posts by Sffalco Edit this post

Hey, has anyone seen the Tuono that is on both the Aprilia website and ApriliaUSA? The dealer that I purchased my Falco from seems to think that the Tuono will replace the Falco. It makes Business sense since how many motorcycles can one company have that use the same powerplant??
Any thoughts??  

By Wlk303 on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 10:44 pm:  View Wlk303's Profile Search for other posts by Wlk303 Edit this post

It seems that the sport riders are buying Milles and the sport-tourers are buying Futuras. Maybe comfortable sport bikes are not that popular (I like 'em), especially when some Falco owners (I'm guilty of this myself) , trick out their Falcos to resemble Milles.

I'll get my coat. 

By Falcoholic on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 02:42 am:  View Falcoholic's Profile Search for other posts by Falcoholic Edit this post

I suppose you could always get the Tuono Fighter but I happen to love my "comfy" sports bike thanks.  

By Befbever on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 04:47 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

That Tuono's got Mille written all over it. No thanks, I'd sooner buy an SV.  

By Crmc33 on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 05:50 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Aaaaah SV = RSV ?  

By Befbever on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 07:25 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Oi! Ca va pas non?!  

By Crmc33 on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 07:27 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

wot ya say me duck? 

By Befbever on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 07:32 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Not Duck, Soooozoooookeeeee!

Friday!  

By Crmc33 on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 07:36 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Friday!do do do the Monkeygibbon 

By Geo on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 08:26 am:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

Makes sense to me.
The Mille is the sport bike
The Futura is the touring one
and the Tuono the street fighter.
That way you need at least 2 bikes.
Why would Aprilia sell a bike that does all 3?
Just kidding
Not their fault, the market for polyvalent bikes is been soft for years.
I blame it on the buyers, too many Sunday-only riders and too many think of bikes just as a fantasy vehicle.
Look at me I'm Haga! I'm Mad Max! Easy rider dude!  

By Befbever on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 08:30 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Very true. See, the pills do work.

By Falconas on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 12:34 pm:  View Falconas's Profile Search for other posts by Falconas Edit this post

Whatever Aprilia or anybody else say i don't change my Falco for anything else in the world!!......except maybe...the Aprilia RS3 street version 2004 

By Wlk303 on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 08:39 pm:  View Wlk303's Profile Search for other posts by Wlk303 Edit this post

Just got back from the International Motorcycle Show (it should be visiting you soon), I have to admit that the Tuono is an attractive bike but what really gets me is the price, $11,999 msrp. That definitly spells the end for our beloved Falco.
Undoubtably, it will go down as one of the great classics.
But I don't what to bum everybody out, there was a 2003 Falco there too. It looked just like my '02. 

By Falconas on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 02:19 am:  View Falconas's Profile Search for other posts by Falconas Edit this post

A friend of mine spoke with Aprilia Greece a couple of days ago and they told him that Tuono will come on May and the price will be 12,600 euros. Compare it with the 10,850 of a Falco and you see it's not worth it for that much money. Falco offers a looooot more. Except of look i don't find another reason someone will prefer Tuono from Falco. Anyway i don't
You can do so much more things with the Falco.
Will be able with the Tuono to travel with more that 140-150Kph? Travel with 2 persons? Go faster in the track? Don't think sooooo 

By Justaspeedfreak on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 06:19 pm:  View Justaspeedfreak's Profile Search for other posts by Justaspeedfreak Edit this post

Who's Poly Valent?  

By Geo on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 06:57 pm:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

>>Who's Poly Valent? >>

Ambi Valent's spanish cousin.
Ambi is the faster of the two, he hesitates sometimes but Poly can't ever make up his mind.  

By Sffalco on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 07:25 pm:  View Sffalco's Profile Search for other posts by Sffalco Edit this post

I agree with the thought that the Tuono will not be any better than the falco...just different...We all bought falcos because their different and beautiful machines. I love mine and cant imagine what I would want when its time to trade it in. I ride it everyday to and from work over a trafficky bridge here in San Francisco and it never fails me.Hopefully Aprilia will continue to make Falcos for a few more years and maybe pump some RND into these great machines....just broke 15000 on mine this week...and will celebrate it with some weekend twisties 

By Islefalco on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 12:08 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Visit Aprilia dealers in the UK. I bet you won't find a Falco in stock in the majority of them. When you do see them advertised, they are usually last year's unsold models, mostly heavily discounted. When I bought mine in 2001, I was looking for a Mille and the Falco had just arrived. I got it cheap so long as they could get rid of it that week. As I happened to have the cash (and I liked the look and feel of the bike) it was a done deal. I have only ever seen one other yellow one since.

The thing is, the Falco sits in a sort of no mans land, betweeen the Sports and tourer trenches in a market where there are more conventional, japanese alternatives, which soak up most of the sales. So few are sold. This doesn't make it a bad bike, as we know, although it is interesting how so many of us end up modding it. Next time round, if its Aprilia (currently fed up with waiting over 3 weeks for simple parts) I will probably go the RSVR route myself. The Touno doesn't appeal. It looks good, but I don't like the sit up position or streetfighter styling.  

By Richandall on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 08:06 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Quote:

there was a 2003 Falco there too. It looked just like my '02

And my 2000.5 which I bought in 20001. And the run out 2004 model, which will be the 2000.5/01/02/03 model with yet another different paint job. Which is why they're such a great buy - all we have to disagree on is the colour, being the only new 'surprise and delight' feature each year.

Like the old Ford Fiesta, really.

- Rich

"Aprilia - keeping the aftermarket people in business" 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation