Kinda good news about my Accident in June

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Kinda good news about my Accident in June
By Scotty on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 08:21 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Just has some kinda good news about the current outstanding insurance claim resulting from my accident at the end of June.

Insurance company decided on 50/50 liability split... totally as expected given my previous London accident being done this way. I only have 3rd party fire and theft which does not pay for damage to my bike judged to be my fault.

However the 3rd party was happy to withdraw her claim against my policy since she had already got her car fixed and didn't want her no claims affected.

So I was left with the choice...

1. I continue my claim and get 50% of the total cost to replace all the parts damaged for new (quote already approved by the insurance company), which would means loosing my 1 years no claims and returning it to zero and them effectively claiming the money back in increased premiums for having to declare 2 claims and no no claims discount.

or...

2. Withdraw my claim since the damage is really cosmetic and I have already got hold of certain replacement parts. Thus allowing the claim to be removed and leaving me with only 1 existing accident to declare and 2 years no claims bonus.. and the reduction in premium accordingly...

Logically made total sense for me to choose option 2 since I know how you get screwed over for having claims listed against you.
Also my policy is due for renewal on Nov 16th... so this really has come at the right time  

By Dave on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 08:46 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

good to here some good news! now about those cans and that trackday  

By Befbever on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 08:57 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Good tidings, Scotty! Btw, have you found Screeech yet?  

By Scotty on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 09:02 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Thanks Dave and Bef!

Bef, Screeetch did not reply to my mail...

Dave, keep trying m8  

By Befbever on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 09:04 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Scotty, ask Daz. He'll remember the work he did for Screeech.

Daz? 

By Daz on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 12:18 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

You called, Master?!

http://www.manicholls.co.uk

Who da man!?

Congrats Scotty - it's fantastic news!! Now make sure the Insurance company knows exactly whats going on. My old insurers (H&R) nearly screwed things up for me completely when I swapped to another insurer (going up from a falco to a fazer [hee hee] meant a drop in insurance from 580 to 200 squid!) as they maintained that I had made a claim when I got rammed by mr. pyscho. I hadn't and spent two or three days ringing backwards and forwards trying to sort it all out. Barstewards!!

Daz  

By Daz on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 12:24 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

PS RichDMR rides with Screeeeeeeech every now and again - he might have his telephone number?

Rich?  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation