Dumb question probably......

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Dumb question probably......
By Exdukenut on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 06:31 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

but for the guys who have changed bars or similar new genuines back on with new end weights, how did you get the suckers (the end weights of the bars) out??

Thanks! 

By Iedoubleyou on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 01:29 am:  View Iedoubleyou's Profile Search for other posts by Iedoubleyou Edit this post

You have to clamp the weights quite heavy to hold them in place.
Then you can unscrew the bold at the end.
Make sure you use a soft clamp; If not you 'll damage the weights. (like I did) 

By Billmce on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 01:59 pm:  View Billmce's Profile Search for other posts by Billmce Edit this post

Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and buy a strap-type pipe wrench.

Bill McE  

By Dave on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 02:52 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

wrapping a wet rag around it before clamping can help it stop spining, and stops marking.

Why're you going back to originals, still expirementing?  

By Exdukenut on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 03:20 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Na, I need to get them off so I can attempt to a) get the grips off, without damage, as well as b) get the throttle assembly off, for the new Tomaselli's (and I can't see the thottle spindle coming off over the weight), on the Ohlins forks, going on this weekend (fingers crossed, I've covered everything).

By Befbever on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 06:33 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Duct tape wrapped around the end weight and a normal clamp works for me. 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation