Renegade airbox

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Renegade airbox
By Adrian on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 03:14 pm:  View Adrian's Profile Search for other posts by Adrian Edit this post

I am convinced of the power increases that the rene airkit provides. However, I do have some concerns about a couple of other things related to the airkit (and maybe I'm just being neurotic). 1) How does the airkit prevent rain water from being sucked into the engine? 2)Is the filter oil coated to give it an electrostatic charge like K&N & evoluzione to provide filtration for dust? If not does it filter well enough to prevent crap from entering the engine? 3) Is the kit loud at cruising speeds or just when accelerating fast?
I realize that these concerns may be minor compared to what the airkit delivers and people's opinions are welcome. Powermaster??  

By Dave on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 03:38 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Can't answer much of the above, but I can vouch that 8K miles since fitting in March inc two drackdays and plenty of wet and none the worse.

The roar is there when wringin the right wrist, the heavier the wring the more pleasant the musik

isn't a little moisture good for the flame front or summink?

Go on, you know she's worth it  

By Powermaster on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 01:35 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Hello Adrian

Quote:

(and maybe I'm just being neurotic).

Quote:

1) How does the airkit prevent rain water from being sucked into the engine?

We use K&N air filter oil. This will stop dust or water or any crap from entering the engine.
As for the sound, Dave has answered it.

No, you are not "Being Neurotic" there are many like you who still are confused about our airkit/products.  

By Befbever on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 09:01 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

I washed the filter recently and use Valvoline filter oil now. No probs in the wet and I can tell you I get plenty of opportunity to test that!

You don't hear the airkit at constant speeds, at least not with the ear plugs I'm wearing. The downside being that you don't hear the airkit at constant speeds.  

By Oggy on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 03:49 pm:  View Oggy's Profile Search for other posts by Oggy Edit this post

Its loud all the time  

By Falcoholic on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 02:53 am:  View Falcoholic's Profile Search for other posts by Falcoholic Edit this post

Where do I get one. I've got Blue Flame Zorsts and an Arrow chip. Next project is the air box.
Is it a full kit with everything I need or are there some mods which require to be done to the bike first.

(I know I know "read the other freds")  

By Crmc33 on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 03:56 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Im sure Powermaster can help, Ive heard a rumour that he once worked for Renegade eggzorsts 

By Falcoholic on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 04:16 am:  View Falcoholic's Profile Search for other posts by Falcoholic Edit this post

Is it true he's also a good talker and his coffee sucks??  

By Befbever on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 04:44 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

No, his coffee's good but his talk...

By Crmc33 on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 05:46 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Put it like this, do you have a cheapo rate telephone line Falcoholic?

Im still paying my bill and I only asked for a hairkit! 

By Powermaster on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 09:58 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

BASTIDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HE WHO LAUGHS LAST...............

I HAVE ALL THE NAMES

Hairkit 

By Scottaride on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 08:21 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Rain does not seem to get in. I came back from a big ride which ended in a HUGE downpour that resulted in me needing to slow to 15-20kph at some points because I couldnt see at all. It lasted 1 1/2 hours and at times I got back up to about 140kph when the rain was lighter.

When I got home I checked the Rene filter to see if it was wet and it was dry as a bone.

The foam and the oil trap dirt effectively.

The noise from under the tank is great. But you only hear it while accelerating hard. Mild roll-ons or steady throttle are still as quiet as before the kit was installed. But I do wear ear plugs.

Hope that helps.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation