Renegade airbox

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Renegade airbox
By Adrian on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 03:10 pm:  View Adrian's Profile Search for other posts by Adrian Edit this post

I am convinced of the power increases that the rene airkit provides. However, I do have some concerns about a couple of other things related to the airkit (and maybe I'm just being neurotic). 1) How does the airkit prevent rain water from being sucked into the engine? 2)Is the filter oil coated to give it an electrostatic charge like K&N & evoluzione to provide filtration for dust? If not does it filter well enough to prevent crap from entering the engine? 3) Is the kit loud at cruising speeds or just when accelerating fast?
I realize that these concerns may be minor compared to what the airkit delivers and people's opinions are welcome. Powermaster??  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation