Can repairs

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Can repairs
By Redlionfalco on Saturday, November 02, 2002 - 10:16 am:  View Redlionfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Redlionfalco Edit this post

Does anyone know of a place to get stainless steel cans repaired? I have some light scratches etc. on one can that I would like to get polished out if possible.
Cheers.  

By Oldgit on Saturday, November 02, 2002 - 10:54 am:  View Oldgit's Profile Search for other posts by Oldgit Edit this post

It's not that dificult to do, rub out light marks with wet dry, use some 400/600 to start, work through to 1200 grit and polish with solvel.
Mine had a dent near the weld, just drill a small hole 1mm for a self tapping screw use the head of the screw to pull the dent out with a claw hammer and a block of wood. Just cut off the screw and file flat and pollish as above. The finnished job is almost invisible and the screw filed hole  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation