Finally the swingarm has arrived and whoa.............

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Finally the swingarm has arrived and whoa.............
By Exdukenut on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 08:43 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Here are the initial photos of the new polished and repaired swingarm. A bit more polished than I thought, but the dent from the obligatory exhaust crash isn't there any more!

Swingarm1

Swingarm2

Swingarm3

Swingarm4 

By Exdukenut on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 08:50 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

I should add that the 4th photo is the small hole the guy drilled to repair the ding from the exhaust. He used a spring steel punch, and a reasonably heavy hammer to punch it back out.

You honestly can't tell that it was even there!

Boy it looks good in the flesh!

By Nathan on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 11:21 pm:  View Nathan's Profile Search for other posts by Nathan Edit this post

What did all that set you back Ex?  

By Exdukenut on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 12:06 am:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

$400 Australian  

By Bonerp on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 12:30 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

Nice polish  

By Befbever on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 02:34 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Bloody hell! Looks awesome!
Bolt it on and let us take another look at the bike, will you?

Makes quite a change from some other beautiful Falco I could mention. The fact that yours is always clean I mean.

Congrats!

By Hydropnik on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 05:35 am:  View Hydropnik's Profile Search for other posts by Hydropnik Edit this post

Exdukenut-you takin' those pic's in your skivies? Check out the reflection in the third pic. 

By Benw on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 05:37 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Naked Nut squattin' like a frog!

B 

By Hydropnik on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 05:38 am:  View Hydropnik's Profile Search for other posts by Hydropnik Edit this post

Almost forgot. The swingarm looks awesome. Wish I could get one for my Falco. Maybe over the winter....  

By Befbever on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 06:00 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Perverts! 

By Dave on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 06:21 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Awsome! (the swingarm that is) When you having the frame done to match?  

By Racerxlilbro on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 08:18 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

***Bling-Bling!***

LOL!

Looks great! 

By Hansie on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 11:26 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Great job , exdukie!
Hopefully its not to shiny and you have to do the frame too!

Hansie 

By Oldgit on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 12:27 pm:  View Oldgit's Profile Search for other posts by Oldgit Edit this post

Wouldn't put that on my Falco, needs some more work it's bent, belongs on the wall  

By Exdukenut on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 02:53 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

To Hydropink, na, just a white tshirt and some light coloured shorts.

To my way of thinking yeah it's soooo polished, I reckon I should just do what Oldgit suggests, and put it in my living room as a sculpture.

The swingarm is truely a peice of art.

Hansie I'm not sure if I'll have to polish the frame. (Heaven forbid, I really don't want to have to do that, that's for sure.) But the std headers are looking like they need replacing with Jorge's new ones.

I'm still waiting for another chain guide for the arm, and have had to order it from another dealer, as my usual dealer went belly up.

I'll keep you posted on when the Falco finally comes together.

The Ohlins forks should be on by next weekend, as the Tomasselli bars have been milled to fit, and the hardchroming of the stem should be finished this Monday.

Tks for the comments guys, at least it won't look that one in the other thread.  

By Cplus on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 03:06 pm:  View Cplus's Profile Search for other posts by Cplus Edit this post

Bling-bling, indeed! Hansie's right, though, you might have to polish the frame now. And the wheels. And then the forks. And... oh, my gawd... you'd fit right in with some of the NYC cycle clubs! Next stop... FAKE FUR ON THE UPPER FAIRING!  

By Dave on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 06:17 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Oldgit, don't tell me that we're the only ones that noticed??? - nah, surely not??? that top photo...  

By Racerxlilbro on Saturday, November 02, 2002 - 11:29 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

***Bling, Bling*** Yo, wassup, tha sheeeit is DOPE! Knowwhatimsayin? 

By Dave on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 04:47 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

That arm is still definately dinged(just checked my manky specamin, which is what I assume your referring to by 'the one on the other thread'), though the finish probly makes it look worse than it is. Perhaps you haven't seen one that hasn't had crash dammage?

blingblingblingaringding... 

By Exdukenut on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 10:07 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Dave, where do you think it's "dinged", I'd be most interested in your opinions. I've checked it against another "arm" from a friends RSV, and it's perfect, as far as I can tell.

Just remember that there is "unfortunately", a huge amount of reflection off of other things, where I took the photo, whith the afternoon light, that get's on our verandah.

Hear from you soon. 

By Dave on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 04:28 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

email replied to  

By Mr_Venjer on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 09:08 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Oi, RSV bashers. That is a beautifully crated specimen of penis extension the exDuke has pictures of. You could all learn a thing or 3 from the exDuke. Next up, change the body work. I have some RSVR panels if you are interested. Then get your engine retuned for more power and voila - you no longer have a Falco but an RSV - go on my son, you know it makes sense.

Kevin  

By Crmc33 on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 09:17 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

...and restrict your bike to 150mph max speed and you've got the pucka RSV

By Befbever on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 11:25 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Kevin, on a roll are you?
Please be in MY group next time we meet. Please!

By Mr_Venjer on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 03:31 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Bef, alas, I don't think we will get to duel because you are in the fast group. I have only just graduated to the inters. I do have confidence in my ability though, as soon as I get good at left handers and using the whole track I think I will be moving up

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT DROPPING DOWN INTO THE INTERS TO RACE ME. Not only is that unfair its ludicrous too.

Anyway, I know you are too fast so my only tactic would be drunken weaving whilst in front (go out on the track before you ) throw some nails on the track, let off some oil slicks or small smoke clouds to confuse and disorientate you. Twee Twee. Does anyone remember the arcade game Spy Hunter ? That was me that was.

Kevin 

By Falconas on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 07:26 am:  View Falconas's Profile Search for other posts by Falconas Edit this post

I can take every one of you on the Greek roads....after a bottle of OUZO 

By Befbever on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 11:37 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

my only tactic would be drunken weaving whilst in front

That won't work, I get that every day!

Falconas, you can kick my arse even when I'm sober on those Greek roads.

Just finished a bottle of D'ARTEMIS last week.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation