Sprocket options

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Sprocket options
By Bonerp on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 04:11 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

Whats best, a 15 front or 44 rear?

Will I need to change chain for bigger rear?  

By Andyjfalco on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 04:24 am:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

15 tooth front is a doddle to fit.The chain only needs tightening up after fitting.I think a larger rear would need an extra link or two.
Lets get ready to wheelie.....

By Scotty on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 06:31 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Had both on mine...

Fitted 15 tooth front with O.E. First chain...

With new chain went to 16/44 with 110 link chain there is no noticable difference to both these combos when riding. Only noticable thing is just how close the top run of the chain is against the plastic runner on top of the swing arm with the 15tooth front.

I would suggest 15tooth if your chain hasn't done much mileage. If you change the chain go for the other.  

By Bonerp on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 07:11 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

Thanks a lot. 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation