Just fitted new shock from Mille

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Just fitted new shock from Mille
By Bonerp on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 12:20 am:  View Bonerp's Profile Search for other posts by Bonerp Edit this post

Well first thing I notice is the lean angle increases!

Second, it appears I will still need plenty of preload. Have others found the same? I'm about 14.5 stone kitted.

Lastly, how much thread is showing on your rear ride height adjustment?

Mines from a 2000 Mille.

Seems more compliant though, especially compression. Need to take for a blast before I realise how well it performs though.  

By Exdukenut on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 12:54 am:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Check the part number on the spring and refer to my info on this thread at the end for some idea of weight of the riderOhlins spring part Numbers

As to ride height I currently have 3mm from all the way out (no ride height), and it turns like a treat. 

By Litre1 on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 06:38 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

Paul-
I, too fitted an ohlins rear from a 2001 RSVR this weekend. I found pretty much the same as you did. Plenty of preload is needed. I've pretty much got it dialed in with plenty of thread left. I've got 1-1/4" sag (32mm), which gives a comfortable and stable ride on the road. I found one round of preload translates to about 1/8" (3mm) less sag.

I'll have to count my threads tonight to tell you what I have left, but we weigh exactly the same. Once you get the preload set for the bike to sag 1" to 1-3/8" (25mm to 35mm) when you put all your weight on it, it should be set. Any other adjustments you make are rebound and compression only (and of course, ride height).

I need to decrease my ride height. It felt OK this weekend, but I would feed more comfortable closer to the ground. I didn't change the setting it had when I got it, which was about 7-8mm longer than the sachs unit. Big difference! I'll probably bring that number down to about 3-4mm.  

By John1000 on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 10:04 am:  View John1000's Profile Search for other posts by John1000 Edit this post

I too have just fitted a Ohlins and what a change it makes. Was in a rush so went out with just pre load no rebound or compression but still a big improvement on the Sach will play with the settings and ride height soon.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation