Tinted windscreens anyone?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Tinted windscreens anyone?
By Jonsride on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 10:29 am:  View Jonsride's Profile Search for other posts by Jonsride Edit this post

I know this has been discused bofore, but has anyone found a tinted windscreen available for the Falco yet?  

By Befbever on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 10:33 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Damn right I have! It was on the bike when I bought it!

Me living in Europe of course. You Yanks can order one at your Aprilia dealer. 

By Sffalco on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 10:36 am:  View Sffalco's Profile Search for other posts by Sffalco Edit this post

I take it you are in the US? If you are...I will tell you what I have been told by the knowledgeable denizens of this forum...just go to your dealer or a dealer and they should be able to order one for you from aprilia. It will be an exact copy of your current clear one but with a med dark smoke color. I am very happy with mine...the bike is much faster with the tinted screen.. The part number is 8139351. 

By Jonsride on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 10:45 am:  View Jonsride's Profile Search for other posts by Jonsride Edit this post

They can't seem to find one. I'll give them the item number and see what they say. thanks Jon  

By Litre1 on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 10:50 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

Peter Pifkee makes a carbon fibre windscreen. Click here and look at the picture closest to the bottom thread. 

By Litre1 on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 10:51 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

Sorry, I mean Peter Pikfee!  

By Jonsride on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 11:03 am:  View Jonsride's Profile Search for other posts by Jonsride Edit this post

Oh I really like that one. That is exactly what I am looking for. I did call my dealer and Aprilia wants $110 for theirs. How do I get a hold of Peter? I also like the smaller size.  

By Litre1 on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 11:17 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

The price he quoted me in the spring was £75, or about US$116. Inflation may have raised the price since then, but you can email him at pikfee@belgacom.net and ask him. 

By Kbomonfalco on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 05:57 pm:  View Kbomonfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Kbomonfalco Edit this post

Looks like we finally have an aftermarket option. Here's the link: http://www.rsvr.net/pages/performance2.asp?type=FALCO+SCREENS
The guys at Apriliaforum are going to carry them also. I am really curious to see how well it will work. Who's going to be the first???? Please let us know the results.
windscreen 

By Dave on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 06:21 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Now that is nice!

Not so sure about the light cover tho - anyone know how much they reduce the emitted light?  

By Carlo on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 12:24 pm:  View Carlo's Profile Search for other posts by Carlo Edit this post

At Last !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! want one and want one now, provided I don't need to re-mortgage the house, you understand.  

By Tokas on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 12:52 pm:  View Tokas's Profile Search for other posts by Tokas Edit this post

No you wont have to take a new loan. . Maybe I'll get one too?
It's £47.50 + VAT as quoted on RSVR.net. 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation