New winter hack

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: New winter hack
By Benw on Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 05:56 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

I've retired the Falco from it's existence as a commuter bike and it's now living out the rest of its years as a weekend/fun machine.

I decided to get a hack so the Falco won't have to spend another winter in the road salt.

A 1999 T reg ZZ-R600 has assumed the role of winter machine. She comes complete with Givi top-box, heated grips (fitted the other night), scottoiler and flip-up screen. She's far more comfortable than the Falco, she doesn't mind if she gets dirty and goes like stink too! She fits the bill quite nicely.

Warm winter commuting here I come...

B 

By Befbever on Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 06:51 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Frozen carbs here we come...

By Befbever on Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 11:33 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Ahem. I was being a bit cynical there I suppose. What I mean was woohoo that you're hanging on to the Falco and giving her a nice bed for the winter.
But yes, I've heard the Kwack suffers from frozen carbs as badly as a Thundercat does. I hope I'm wrong, but anyway you won't get that unless you've got lots of motorway to cover.

You could always bolt the heated grips onto the carbs I guess.
Or put them in the Givi box...

By Crmc33 on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 12:54 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

...or fitted a heated fuel tank

/clipart{getmecoatyetagain}  

By Benw on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 02:19 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

We've had some cold mornings here already (3 degrees C) and it's not given any signs of icing the carbs yet. Time will tell.

The Falco is going to be treated to some bits and peices now:

Technoflex shock and K-Tech fork valve/spring/shim work

Possibly a TNT system from the Ploughermaster

Then some track days!  

By Richandall on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 03:06 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

So the Falco's gone from partner to mistress and now you're going with the girl next door too.

Sound a splendid arrangement to me....

- Rich

By Richandall on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 03:12 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

....what with her hot grip, flip-up front, big topbox, constant lubrication, comfortable ride, she likes it dirty and goes like stink. Quite a girl!  

By Benw on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 03:12 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

The ZZR is the comfy everydayer, while the Falco is the seductive, flighty, Italian plaything...

Mmm, lovely...  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation