Spare capacity from the alternator

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Spare capacity from the alternator
By Simonsfalco on Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 05:39 am:  View Simonsfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Simonsfalco Edit this post

hi guys
i'm thinking of some electrically heated gear; what spare capacity do you all think there is from the alternator?
i'm expecting a current of around 4-6 amps...
will she take it?
simon  

By Simonsfalco on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 03:21 am:  View Simonsfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Simonsfalco Edit this post

anyone?  

By Dave on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 03:49 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Some of us have had bad battery experiences, they apparently could do with a bit more robustness to begin with. Just mho.  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 04:14 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

WATTever anyone else says, I hope its no SHOCK to you if I say that the alternator output should be AMPle

Yours Sincerely
Sherlock Ohms 

By Simonsfalco on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 04:33 am:  View Simonsfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Simonsfalco Edit this post

cheers for that. i know about the battery probs elsewhere; never a peep of a prob for me (touches head). always firm with the starter to be sure though.
i've tried adding up various wattages for stuff, but engine management and fuel injection wattages are not stated.
i guess i'll just give it a go and see.
simon  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation