Silver Falco Fighter in Belfast

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Silver Falco Fighter in Belfast
By Andylav on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 07:34 am:  View Andylav's Profile Search for other posts by Andylav Edit this post

Actually felt it before i heard it/seen it. Was in my mates shop (Dave Kanes) on the Newtownards Road when a quiver in my gut (which wasn't related to last night's beer) was followed by the most beautiful thump and drone I've ever heard. Dashed outside to catch a fleeting side on, disappearing rear perspective. Absolutely beautiful, possibly even more so than the Tuono and about the only thing I would consider changing for in the near future.
Have to find out who and where for a proper look.  

By Durangokid on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 08:24 am:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

Excellent article covering the Falco Fighter.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/bikereviews.asp?ID=45  

By Ronnie on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 09:33 am:  View Ronnie's Profile Search for other posts by Ronnie Edit this post

Hi Andy
Jeremy McWilliams had one over as a demonstrator for the Ulster Grand Prix.It might be the same one. I prefer the Tuono myself,those saucepan lid scoops on the front disks dont do it for me!
Ronnie  

By Andylav on Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 01:51 pm:  View Andylav's Profile Search for other posts by Andylav Edit this post

Ronnie,
Agree with you there mate - those disc shouds would have to be binned and an alternative to the bellypan found. Something a bit more substantial, stylish and full length but overall, love it. Think the Falco twin spar frame adds a lot to the impression.
Going to the NEC on the 16th, hope to see both there for an up close and comparitive inspection.
andy  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation