Valve Clearances

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Valve Clearances
By Falcofra on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 06:26 am:  View Falcofra's Profile Search for other posts by Falcofra Edit this post

Does anybody know what the valve clearance settings are. I've checked mine and they are 0.15mm inlet and 0.28/0.30 mm exhaust. Dont know if thes are excessive because dealer is reluctant to divulge the information!
Thanks
Fraser  

By Falcofra on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 07:19 am:  View Falcofra's Profile Search for other posts by Falcofra Edit this post

Its OK I've found the info.
The clearances are 0.005-0.007 inch inlet and
0.009-0.011 inch exhaust. Hooray mine are OK.  

By Oldgit on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 10:09 am:  View Oldgit's Profile Search for other posts by Oldgit Edit this post

Something to be careful of is to check valve clearances when the engine is really cold, if not you could get a incorrect reading.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation