Computer Reset

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Computer Reset
By Oreo_N2 on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 06:46 am:  View Oreo_N2's Profile Search for other posts by Oreo_N2 Edit this post

I have heard about it enough times but never paid much attention becuase my bike doesn't do it... well now it does it.
My CPU reset this morning and the bike wouldn't start for a while. then i turned the key to off and back to on, then it all started up fine. but hte displays are messed up, the clock is reset and the tach ony goes to 5 or 6k.
numero uno: i still dont have a manual and dont know how to re-set these displays.
numero dos: How do you stop the bike form doing this?  

By Crmc33 on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 06:52 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Nummer ein : refer to this

Nummer Zwei : make sure your lights are off when starting, and/or charge/buy a battery

Byeee 

By Befbever on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 06:55 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

You make sure the starter switch button is well covered in WD40, make sure no other connections are corroded and RTFM to check your display setting and the state of your battery.
You don't have a Manual? I'll send you one in PDF.

That's my good deed done for this week!

Btw, RTFM = Read The F*cking Manual 

By Crmc33 on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 07:06 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

the manual can also be downloaded from here

aprilia sl mille manual

I am so annoyingly helpful today 

By Befbever on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 07:09 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Annoyingly is the word. As I've been sending the Manual to his mailbox which obviously will be too small.

How on earth do you remember these things? You got a monkey to do the rest of your work for you?  

By Crmc33 on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 07:13 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

No, his name is Gerald and he comes from Uranus. Here he is in action.....
spank me 

By Befbever on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 07:23 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

I could use an employee like that!

Btw, Oreo, I've given up trying to send it. 

By Oreo_N2 on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 07:35 am:  View Oreo_N2's Profile Search for other posts by Oreo_N2 Edit this post

thats ok Bef, i was able to download it.

Thanks for the help guys!  

By Litre1 on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 08:16 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

Hey, any of you guys check out the warranty section of that website? Click Here What the F%#! is going on with that?  

By Befbever on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 02:15 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Bloody hell!
Looks like someone owns an Aprilia and isn't too happy about the warranty.

By Crmc33 on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 04:56 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Does Saddam own a Falco with warped discs and slipping crutch? 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation