Black market Ohlins rear

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Black market Ohlins rear
By Litre1 on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 06:36 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

The black market for ohlins shocks is pretty slim for Aprilia-specific units. Ducati second-hand shocks are a little easier to come by. Does anyone have enough experience with Ducatis to tell me if the rear shock from any of the Ducs will fit on my Falco?

The piston size is the same (46 mm), and specifics look similar. The biggest difference is ride height setup, which differs by about 15mm. The biggest concern I have is the attachment points to the frame and swingarm. Are the pivot points the same diameter? Can anyone enlighten me?  

By Twowheels78 on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 10:27 am:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

Check you the following item number on EBay, item # 1868803736. It's actually for a Mille R frame but the seller says that he has several other components, including "...Ohlins..." not sure if that means forks or shock?

Remember to check what year it is. If it's a 2002 you'll have to get a different spring as the 2002 Mille has a different linkage and therefore different leverage ratio.  

By Litre1 on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 10:34 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

Yeah, I saw it right after I posted this thread. I just closed the deal with him on the shock.

He said he has the swingarm and OZ wheels that have small grind marks on them. I'm not interested right now, so someone else may want to jump on those. Email him (John Pace) at westernhook@qwest.com. 

By Twowheels78 on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 10:40 am:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

Congrats, on the shock, you'll love it. I put an Ohlins on about a month and a half ago, all I can say is wow

Actually I e-mailed him about the swingarm right before I posted that comment, he hasn't responded yet. The swingarm has grind marks or the wheels have grind marks? I've found a lot of Mille swingarms but they are almost always damamged 

By Litre1 on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 10:49 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

I think he said they both do. By the way, it's a 2001 model.  

By Litre1 on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 05:02 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

I sent off the check for the rear shock yesterday. I also got the 2-into-1 exhaust system and stainless steel oil reservior. He gave me a deal I couldn't pass up on the headers and can. The entire stock system was taken off the bike before a single mile was ridden, so the headers are spotless! I'll be reviewing racing exhausts for the RSV now. There is always something to buy, isn't there?  

By Twowheels78 on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 09:43 am:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

Litre1, have you checked E-bay recently? There is a Renegade High Mount CF system for a Mille. I thought you might be interested since you just bought the header from the Mille. It's item # 1870439412, right now there's one bid for $400.  

By Litre1 on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 12:05 pm:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

Thanks. I'll keep track of it, but I think that will have to wait for next Christmas. I already owe my wife a diamond ring for this purchase!  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation