New clutch

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: New clutch
By Dave on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 04:43 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

New clutch went in tonight.

The bearing was ok, diaphram was noticably cut where the disk on the outside sits against it so was replaced.

The steels were more worn than the frictions, there were 'chatter marks', waves about 1cm long on the face of at least one of em caused by excessive heat and warping ie slipping in the upper part of not so much 3rd but 4th and 5th - regularly - hehe

The springs, binned as a matter of course, were 1mm short, didn't do any other more 'techie' measurements.

All std replacement parts, Putoline 10w40, he's been telling me to use semi so I guess that's what he put in it.

The new frictions were soaked in oil in a bowl before they went in and I was told to not overdo it as they're supposed to soak overnight, I'll find out if its stopped slipping tomorrow... 

By Befbever on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 07:44 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Ta for the info, Dave.
Hehe, 5th. I used to get it in 6th. Daily.
My diaphram (oh dear this doesn't sound right) is still the 1st one and still fine.

My bearing isn't okay and Aprilia won't pay for the replacement.  

By Benw on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 07:55 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

I think you lost your bearings a long time ago Beffer...

B 

By Befbever on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 08:08 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Oi!
Still know nowt about a replacement for ye old Falco, Ben.

Why don't I get an SV1000, throw in a nice pair of upside-down forks and use it as a winter hack? Save my old bones a bit in winter and re-spray the Suzuki each summer.  

By Dave on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 09:11 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Preliminary results show that slip been cured but then that was to be expected with new clutch! Real test will come next weekend...

Ben, re the Beffer, one word - ok 2 then - mini moto. Nuf said  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation