Edwards on the RS3

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Edwards on the RS3
By Twowheels78 on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 10:39 am:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

Just saw it MCN, Edwards says he's "98 percent certain" that he'll be riding for Aprilia in the MotoGP series next year. I was really looking forward to the MotoGP series this year, hoping Aprilia would be able to do somthing. Maybe Edwards can do something with the RS3?!? It would be pretty awesome to see the RS3 on the podium, especially if Edwards was at the helm.  

By Befbever on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 10:48 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Hey, that would be great. I must admit I've not really been a big fan of Colin in the past - there was something about him I didn't like, can't explain it really.
But my respect for the man has grown immensely this season, and he didn't have to become World Champion to do that. He's proven he's made of the Right Stuff by his relentless pursuit of the highest possible finish, no matter what the circumstances were.

Now if he can learn to keep his tongue to himself, he's da man for me!  

By Tokas on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 03:40 pm:  View Tokas's Profile Search for other posts by Tokas Edit this post

Yah it would really be great with Edwards on a Cube!

I just saw the summary of all WSB races on TV, and the Texas Tornado shure looks convincing. Steady as a rock. Allthough Haga is very entertainig to watch his reliability leaves some to be asked for...

And this is why I belive Aprilia should change tactics in both WSB and GP. Today Aprilia only have one rider in each class, and both of them have a very "wide" way of driving... (if you catch my drift?)
If they instead had two riders in each class the probability that at least one of them would finish each race and take points would be much greater, making it exiting also to follow the standing between the manufacturs!

So wich rider/riders are set to ride for Aprilia in each class next year?  

By Chuzo on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 04:32 pm:  View Chuzo's Profile Search for other posts by Chuzo Edit this post

This is from Cyclenews 9 October, 2002.

Deal On The Table

According to World Superbike Champion Colin Edwards, it is highly likely that he will ink a contract to ride a factory Aprilia Cube in the MotoGP World Championship in 2003.

"At the moment there are obviously three choices," Edwards said moments ago from his home in Texas. "Yamaha is still interested to some extent and there's a possibility of Pons Honda, with or without Bridgestone tires.

"But the best option at the moment is Aprilia for MotoGP. I'd have my work cut out for me, but I'm used to developing stuff. They've come up with a really good package. I've talked to [Noriyuki] Haga since he tested the bike and it sounds like I could make it work. It's really just waiting to find out if Michelin will give us tires. If they are willing to give us tires, then I'd say this deal is quite certain. I don't think Michelin will have a problem - I've done a zillion laps at their test track for them."

Regis Laconi is currently Aprilia's only factory rider in the MotoGP series.  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 11:36 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Edward who? 

By Litre1 on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 10:35 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

I'm excited to see a couple of Yanks moving into MotoGP. I like the competativeness, but it makes it easier to root for someone from your own country. Bef, I would have to agree with your tongue thing. I don't really get it, do you? That's about all I don't like about him. He seems to be very mature and carry a lot of respect for the other riders. I like to see that in sports figures.  

By Befbever on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 11:29 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

A guy at work does the exact same thing, I think it's just a tic.
Someone from my own country? I wouldn't know.  

By Falconas on Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 12:54 am:  View Falconas's Profile Search for other posts by Falconas Edit this post

I just went to Colin's fans site
He also admites that if he gets Michelins he 'll be with Aprilia next year. You can also drop by and leave your opinion at the forum there.
There are a lot of people telling him to sign with Aprilia and i think if Aprilia gets him, they are very determined to make RS3 competitive.
How about a road version?? 

By Tokas on Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 04:18 am:  View Tokas's Profile Search for other posts by Tokas Edit this post

When watching the friday qualifcations for the GP in Malaysia this weekend the commentators where sharing all the roumers they had heard.

Colin Edwards: The most common oppinion where that he would join Aprilia on the Cube. But in the pit a common opinion where that he might join Suzuki, becaus it would be the same guys in that team as he had when he were racing for them earlier.
Also they mentioned that Colin has a clause in his superbike-contract with Honda that says; if he win the superbike championchip he has the right to a slot in Hondas GP Team (4-stroke). The question were if he would sue Honda, but allthough possible, not very likely...

Regis Laconi: It's not at all certain that he will get to ride the cube next season. Nothing really clear what will happen.

Marco Melandri: If he wins the GP 250 for Aprilia this season (which is very possible) he might be offered a slot in either Aprilias GP or Superbike team. 

By Hansie on Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 07:03 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Almost everybody is talking to Aprilia ro ride the cube. Problem is that due the bad scootermarket Aprilia is a bit short of cash.

Also Jurgen van de Goorbergh is talking to ride the cube next year , I wouldnt mind!

Hansie 

By Oldgit on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 04:50 am:  View Oldgit's Profile Search for other posts by Oldgit Edit this post

Colin on a Aprilia I just don't belive it, would be great he would bring some sponsorship with him

It's the hat Bef, makes him look like a cowboy  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation