ART Cans

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: ART Cans
By 10451238 on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 10:37 am:  View 10451238's Profile Search for other posts by 10451238 Edit this post

Anybody got any opions on ART cans for the Falco. Popped into my local spares shop today and they gave me a ART brochure. Alloy oval race cans look nice.

Has anyone fitted them? What are they like for noise/power?

They are quoting me £300 without the chip.  

By Molan on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 03:02 am:  View Molan's Profile Search for other posts by Molan Edit this post

I fitted a pair of these about 1,500 miles ago & have been very happy with them. Sound great & look really nice. Much better than the standard cans I think.

My bike was both de-restricted & chipped before I bought it so I'm not sure how much difference the cans on their own make.

However with the mods I've mentioned, I couldn't believe how much difference a pair of cans could make. Acceleration feels smoother & easier, down changes are snappier etc etc. All round the bike seemed much nicer to ride. I used to own a Suzuki SV650 & a carbon can upgrade to this didn't make anywhere near the difference that the upgrade to the Falco did.

They are pretty noisy & a bit vibey but I like the noise so was pleased about this! I think it's possible to get some removable mufflers that cut down on everyday noise if you're worried about this.

Pretty easy to fit although I haven't managed to get them to fit as cleanley as the factory ones (despite trying a few times to adjust them!).

I would heartily recommend them.

Having said all this, I think just about any race cans would help the bike to breather easier & it seems in my experience that this is a bike that likes to breathe!

The advantage of the Art cans over many others is that they do the job without costing a fortune.  

By Falcofra on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 07:03 am:  View Falcofra's Profile Search for other posts by Falcofra Edit this post

I have a set of ART cans on my Falco and can highly recomend them.
They are available mail order from Two Wheelers for £240 a pair (oval stainless)
Look at www.two-wheelers.co.uk or tel.08707572330  

By Paul on Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 01:19 am:  View Paul's Profile Search for other posts by Paul Edit this post

I have a pair of oval alloy ART cans, took them off the bike though - the soundproofing blew out within a couple of hundred miles and then they were far too loud. Got them for 200 quid at the NEC bike show last year. Wouldn't buy them again, couldn't get them to sit straight despite hours of adjusting them and the alloy finish isn't very resilient (typical of all alloy cans I believe). Would go for stainless cans next time, being stopped by the police a couple of times made me think twice about putting race cans on again. I was stopped for speeding and (luckily) got away with a bollocking on both occaisions - would they have done the same thing if I'd had my loud cans on too? Doubt it somehow...  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation