Exhaust advice please

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Exhaust advice please
By 10451238 on Sunday, October 06, 2002 - 12:34 am:  View 10451238's Profile Search for other posts by 10451238 Edit this post

Just bought myself a Falco. 2002 in silver. The bikes standard at the momemt. Just wanted to ask you experts -

Are Aprilia cans/chip worth having? I've been offered them for £480.

I've also been offered a pair of Remus cans without chip for £400. Can I desrestrict the bike myself and if so how?

One last thing, can anyone give me a clue as to a decent setup. I'm 6'4"/1m95 and 15st/98kg?

Many thanks for your help.  

By Andyjfalco on Sunday, October 06, 2002 - 08:35 am:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Go for the Aprilia stuff if you don't mind the noise. If your a bit worried, go for something like Skorpions or Art cans and buy a chip seperatly.
I've got Skorpions and a Factory Pro chip, the lot cost £420 (£139x2 + £160)
hope this helps,
Andy.
clipart{dood}  

By Jjoe256 on Sunday, October 06, 2002 - 09:29 am:  View Jjoe256's Profile Search for other posts by Jjoe256 Edit this post

Check further down for More Exhaust Questions.I have the same problem. Personally,the Aprilia cans aren't worth the money. They don't sound good and are just loud without being appealing. I deal with MotoInternational in Seattle. They have lot's of good advice. I'm considering Quill,Remus,Laser Hotcams,Renegade-they make high mount and underseat. Check their US site for good pix.  

By Jjoe256 on Sunday, October 06, 2002 - 09:38 am:  View Jjoe256's Profile Search for other posts by Jjoe256 Edit this post

Also,http://motorcyclenews.co.uk in their product reviews,buyers guide,there are several can reviews plus sound chips. 

By Befbever on Sunday, October 06, 2002 - 12:18 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

Check their US site for good pix

Or check http://www.twowheelracing.co.uk/Falco for good pics of low levels and other Falco info. 

By Islefalco on Monday, October 07, 2002 - 08:05 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

I have the RSC Carbon cans and chip. They do produce a noticeable improvement in performance, but they are quite loud and, IMHO a bit pricey. The price you have been quoted is, however cheap. I paid £650 in total for mine.

As to whether you think they sound good.... well that is a subjective judgement. My subjective opinion is that they do, but all I have had on mine is the stadard wimp cans and the RSC jobs. They sound very throaty at low revs to me and produce a satifying howl at speed. Floats my boat. The only other cans I have heard on a Falco were stainless steel and I think they were Blue Flames. These seemed to produce a more metallic reasonant sound than my carbon cans, which I didn't really like. But the owner thought they sounded the business - so that was fine with me.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation