Track Days and Scott Oilers

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Track Days and Scott Oilers
By Kerryc on Wednesday, October 02, 2002 - 10:11 pm:  View Kerryc's Profile Search for other posts by Kerryc Edit this post

Anybody out there who has done a track day with Scott Oiler on board. As a new convert to the oiler, am wondering if anybody sets it up differently for track time. The track day is at Phillip Island and the second corner is a tricky double apex left hander which will have me hard over on the section of tire that cops any oil fling from the chain. Would hate to bin it on the second corner !! 

By Scotty on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 01:39 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Sorry I don't have one but how about disconnecting it for the trackday???
Surely this just means taking the vacuum tube off and of course rebunging up the hole to keep the bike running correctly.  

By Webhamster on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 02:02 am:  View Webhamster's Profile Search for other posts by Webhamster Edit this post

Kerry, you don't need to disconnect it. Just turn it down to it's lowest setting which is effectively 'off'.

I've probably been doing track days for the last two years, all of my bikes have Scottoilers, and I've never had any kind of problem.

By Benw on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 03:37 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

The hamster is right! Just turn it down to it's lowest setting. My Falco had no problems with the scottoiler at Rockingham!

B  

By Befbever on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 04:43 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Turn it down. Now you tell me!

I figure if it's set up right for the road, why shouldn't it be for the track?

A track day at Phillip Island. Only in our dreams for most of us. Lucky b*stard.

Just don't get a corner named after you. Didn't bring Mighty Mick any luck when they did.  

By Kerryc on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 09:40 pm:  View Kerryc's Profile Search for other posts by Kerryc Edit this post

Thanks guys ... figured that would be the way I would go but thought I would check in anyway. All I need now is fine weather ... Phillip Island is notorious for southern ocean squals blowing up out of nowhere.  

By Crmc33 on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 05:09 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I did the same as Bef and left is at its normal setting. You could also turn it right up so that you can see the line you took on the previous lap (before falling off) 

By Scottaride on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 04:00 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

If it is putting oil on the tyre then it is set up wrong!  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation